Why become a member? ×

Musicman Ray34***SOLD***

DirkThrust

It's finally penetrated my thick skull that I'm never going to get on with the Stingray sound so I want to trade this for a Jazz. It's less than two weeks old so I'd rather trade than sell.

I A/B'ed this in the shop with a Stingray and couldn't tell the difference. If anything the Ray34 played better than the Stingray but that could have been down to better setup. The fit and finish is absolutely faultless as you would expect from Musicman. It's as new except that I fitted another pickup then replaced the stock pickup.

I'm after a Jap or Mexican 60s or 70s reissue or Roadworn or USA Standard. Will include some cash from me depending on the value of the bass offered.

Would also consider a Mexican 50s P

Edited by AndyMartin

Interested in this and some cash from moi ? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78895&hl=squire"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...5&hl=squire[/url] It plays suprisingly well, and i would have to say better than a mex in my opinion-the pick ups are nice too. Fitted with Badass etc and the decal is superb....you'd be hard pushed to find better IMO

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='Mzungu71' post='844968' date='May 22 2010, 11:31 AM']Would a Japanese All Blk edition Jazz bass be of any interest? can send some pics if so[/quote]

Thanks but I'm not too keen on the all black colour scheme. I prefer the traditional look.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='844541' date='May 21 2010, 07:50 PM']I just bought one of these today in black. Should arrive next week - if this had have been black I'd have had it off you.[/quote]

You'll be very pleased with it when it arrives

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='837274' date='May 14 2010, 03:15 PM']It's finally penetrated my thick skull that I'm never going to get on with the Stingray sound so I want to trade this for a Jazz. It's less than two weeks old so I'd rather trade than sell.

I A/B'ed this in the shop with a Stingray and couldn't tell the difference. If anything the Ray34 played better than the Stingray but that could have been down to better setup. The fit and finish is absolutely faultless as you would expect from Musicman. It's as new except that I fitted another pickup then replaced the stock pickup.

I'm after a Jap or Mexican 60s or 70s reissue or Roadworn or USA Standard. Will include some cash from me depending on the value of the bass offered.

Would also consider a Mexican 50s P[/quote]

Where are you based.. I might just bee willing to buy?

I got a jazz made up of all fender parts the neck is a wd licensed replacement its all reliced up and plays fantastic

let me know if you fancy a swap about mark 07956 964156

[attachment=52500:13062010101.JPG]
[attachment=52501:13062010100.JPG]
[attachment=52502:13062010104.JPG]

Edited by fluffo

[quote name='algmusic' post='866934' date='Jun 14 2010, 12:30 PM']Where are you based.. I might just bee willing to buy?[/quote]

Sorry I didn't reply to your post. I haven't visited this thread for a while. I've got a probable buyer, hopefully doing the deal at the weekend. So for the moment it's on hold.

[quote name='fluffo' post='870276' date='Jun 17 2010, 10:01 PM']I got a jazz made up of all fender parts the neck is a wd licensed replacement its all reliced up and plays fantastic

let me know if you fancy a swap about mark 07956 964156

[attachment=52500:13062010101.JPG]
[attachment=52501:13062010100.JPG]
[attachment=52502:13062010104.JPG][/quote]

Replied to PM

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='870517' date='Jun 18 2010, 09:29 AM']whats the difference in the stingray, sterling, ray34 and sub????????????????[/quote]

Between the Sterling Ray34 and the Stingray, not very much. It's just built using cheaper Indonesian labour but is essentially a Stingray. I compared it to a USA Stingray in the shop and couldn't tell the difference. The only obvious cost saving differences are that it doesn't have the compensating nut and the battery compartment is a cheaper version with the clip on connecter rather than the slot in jobby on the Stingray, and it comes with a gigbag rather than a hardcase.

The SUB was Musicman's first attempt at a lower cost Stingray. It had a cheaper finish but again was essentially a Stingray. I guess they discontinued it because the cost saving measures didn't save that much considering it was made using expensive American labour and they struggled to make money on it.

The Musicman Sterling is similar to a Stingray but with a thinner neck and more tonal options