Why become a member? ×

TRACE ELLIOT BASS GEAR

Skezza

Hi I have for sale the following bits of Trace Elliot bass kit all in very good working condition

1 Carpet covered 1 x 15 £110 200watts
2 Carpet covered SM150 GP7 head £150 150 watts inot 8ohms 300 watts into 4ohms
3 Carpet covered SM 150 GP7 combo £200 150 watts into 8ohms

0r £400 for the lot

Note the combo is not one of the BLX combos it is the full SM150 head in a combo unit exactly the same as the head I am selling. All are VGC original no mods.

The combo is designed to sit on the 1 x 15 to make a mini stack which according to the blurb is delivering 300 watts into 4 ohms.

This rig is not loud enough for the bigger gigs I am looking at now and I am after a good 4 x 12 and or head unit if some one wants to trade.

Any tolex covered TE gear in my photos is not for sale.

PHOTOBUCKET: [url="http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Jonnygonad/Bass%20Gear/?action=postupload"]http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/J...tion=postupload[/url]

[quote name='Skezza' post='834473' date='May 11 2010, 06:05 PM']Hi I have for sale the following bits of Trace Elliot bass kit all in very good working condition

1 Carpet covered 1 x 15 £110 200watts
2 Carpet covered SM150 GP7 head £150 150 watts inot 8ohms 300 watts into 4ohms
3 Carpet covered SM 150 GP7 combo £200 150 watts into 8ohms

0r £400 for the lot

Note the combo is not one of the BLX combos it is the full SM150 head in a combo unit exactly the same as the head I am selling. All are VGC original no mods.

The combo is designed to sit on the 1 x 15 to make a mini stack which according to the blurb is delivering 300 watts into 4 ohms.

This rig is not loud enough for the bigger gigs I am looking at now and I am after a good 4 x 12 and or head unit if some one wants to trade.

Any tolex covered TE gear in my photos is not for sale.

PHOTOBUCKET: [url="http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Jonnygonad/Bass%20Gear/?action=postupload"]http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/J...tion=postupload[/url][/quote]
And I may have the cab If youre in the NW at that price!!
Witterth

Bit confused - you say it's not a BLX but the photo shows a BLX combo??

Also, the power output of your amp head is 150W RMS into 4 ohms, 300W peak. Just sayin' so people don't get confused :rolleyes:

All nice gear :)

It is not a BLX combo and does not say BLX on it. It says SM 150 GP7 EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT SAYS ON THE HEAD.

I have a blx 80 and have had a blx 130 this is NOT the same combo it is THE SAME AS THE SM150 GP7 head and was only made in very small numbers I looked for ages to get one as a small gig/rehersal amp

It has extra speaker outs which the blx does not have a tuner out etc

As for the head reading the back of both the head and the combo they say [u]150 watts into 8ohms [/u]and 300 watts peak.

I have played university gigs with the combo on the 1 x 15 (albeit into the PA) and have used loads of other bass gear and with the 1 x 15 this is a loud little beast.

[quote name='Merton' post='834983' date='May 12 2010, 07:29 AM']Bit confused - you say it's not a BLX but the photo shows a BLX combo??

Also, the power output of your amp head is 150W RMS into 4 ohms, 300W peak. Just sayin' so people don't get confused :rolleyes:

All nice gear :)[/quote]

It is not a BLX combo and does not say BLX on it. It says SM 150 GP7 EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT SAYS ON THE HEAD.

I have a blx 80 and have had a blx 130 this is NOT the same combo it is THE SAME AS THE SM150 GP7 head and was only made in very small numbers I looked for ages to get one as a small gig/rehersal amp

LOOK CLOSELY AT THE FRONT OF THE COMBO YOU CAN SEE THE MODEL NUMBER

It has extra speaker outs which the blx does not have a tuner out etc

As for the head reading the back of both the head and the combo they say 150 watts into 8ohms and 300 watts peak.

Just spoken to a couple of guys on the TE forum it is as I thought a 150 watt into 8 ohm head I also have all the TE spec sheets on cd and it SAYS IT is 150 watts into 8ohm.

Chill out dude, was just asking! :)

[size=1](edit - though it does seem you are misinterpreting the specs printed. And even if it doesn't say BLX, it is the last version of the BLX, a 150W @ 4 ohms amp. NOthing bad about this, they are fine amps in my opinion, always wnated one!)[/size]

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Skezza' post='835197' date='May 12 2010, 12:02 PM']Just spoken to a couple of guys on the [u]TE forum [/u]it is as I thought a 150 watt into 8 ohm head I also have all the TE spec sheets on cd and it SAYS IT is 150 watts into 8ohm.[/quote]

What forum is this????

[quote name='farmer61' post='835239' date='May 12 2010, 12:59 PM']What forum is this????[/quote]

[url="http://music-electronics-forum.com"]http://music-electronics-forum.com[/url]

[quote name='cameltoe' post='835505' date='May 12 2010, 05:55 PM']I'm interested in the combo

Dunno if you're still interested my guitar, but there could be a deal to be done.[/quote]
I am but it is the distance involed is the prob
the guitar looks good and a trades ok with me

skez

Just for the record - the amp in the pics is a Trace Elliot BLX 150 SMC.

This was the last of the BLX models to be made, previous ones being the 80 and 130 models.
By the time your amp was made Trace were just putting their GP7 SM 150 watt heads into the remaining BLX cabinets
before discontinuing them. As you rightly state, these heads did have more features than previous models in the BLX range,
due to them using their upgraded amplifier heads in these. Trace also stopped putting BLX badges on them too, hence the confusion.

Nice amp, good luck with your sale.

Pete.

[quote name='casapete' post='836339' date='May 13 2010, 04:36 PM']Just for the record - the amp in the pics is a Trace Elliot BLX 150 SMC.

This was the last of the BLX models to be made, previous ones being the 80 and 130 models.
By the time your amp was made Trace were just putting their GP7 SM 150 watt heads into the remaining BLX cabinets
before discontinuing them. As you rightly state, these heads did have more features than previous models in the BLX range,
due to them using their upgraded amplifier heads in these. Trace also stopped putting BLX badges on them too, hence the confusion.

Nice amp, good luck with your sale.

Pete.[/quote]
That's what i was trying to say, only far better put :)

[quote name='Merton' post='836357' date='May 13 2010, 04:49 PM']That's what i was trying to say, only far better put :)[/quote]

Yes that sounds about right compared to what I was told

[quote name='Skezza' post='836432' date='May 13 2010, 06:05 PM']Yes that sounds about right compared to what I was told[/quote]

oK iLL REDUCE THE HEAD TO £130

[quote name='witterth' post='834735' date='May 11 2010, 09:41 PM']And I may have the cab If youre in the NW at that price!!
Witterth[/quote]

The cab is still available and minty

[quote name='Skezza' post='836609' date='May 13 2010, 09:00 PM']The cab is still available and minty[/quote]

The 1 x 15 is well cheap there is another on this Forum for £230

[quote name='Merton' post='837091' date='May 14 2010, 12:53 PM']Not quite - the other TE 1x15 is a 1518 model hence different (bigger in all aspects).

But £110 for yours is definitely a good price, these are great great cabs IMHO, I miss mine! :)[/quote]

BUMP