Why become a member? ×

SOLD

lukeward2004

Hi,

A few weeks back I bought a great little "bitsa" jazz bass built by our own BassBod, however I am finding that my other basses are taking up all my playing time and this has only been played twice since I got it, and its taking up space I need at the moment.

Description from the original owner:

Jap bits, alder body WD/Gotoh hardware, Kent Armstron p/ups. Currently strung with Labella plastic flats, includes unused Thomann hard case.

And some pics:

The Plastic flats sound great on this and feel like they will last forever - really good for thumping out those old motown classics or for those chilled out jazz moments.

Im asking for what I paid for it - £175 collected from Windsor, berkshire. Will happily meet within a short distance if you are travelling though.

PM me!

okies - was very tempted by this the first time around so but as I bought a 'new' car yesterday, it's gonna be hard to justify this, nonetheless - am tempted :)

Please excuse the relative noobieness but what exacty is a 'Bitsa' - I'm assuming that it means that it's been made up from bits of other basses. I'm in love with the look of the bass but really don't like the idea of the plastic strings - I'm assuming that there is no issues (apart from truss rod adjustment) in putting on a set of regular strings. Finally, is there a significant difference (in terms of playabilty) between this and a regular Jazz?

argh!!!! I was sorely tempted by this first time round, but the car was due MOT...
well, the car passed MOT last week only needing some minor work, but the money still isn't technically available...

I have it, but yet again daren't spend it... :)

ps... I've just noticed the Thomann de hardcase is part of the package... this makes it a real bargain... :huh: I got a new generic no-name hardcase for my Squier on Saturday for £40... makes me feel even sicker... I could have put that £40 to this instead... :huh:

Edited by Paul Cooke

Hi guys,

You are right jebo, she is lovely but its taking up more room than I really have and it just doesn't get the playtime it deserves - my two warwicks and 70's jazz are before it in the pecking order, then I have my ibanez gary willis fretless aswell!

The neck I believe came from WD Music - and it is actually a really good reproduction of a jazz neck. I can't notice any discernable difference between my other jazz and this, and playability wise its smooth as you like and trust me - I wasn't keen on the plastic flats at first, but give them a go, they are great!

I have a few PM's to which I shall reply as soon as I get home - I'm writing this on my blackberry as I'm working tonight in london.

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='90734' date='Nov 19 2007, 11:28 AM']Im asking for what I paid for it - £175 collected from Windsor, berkshire. Will happily meet within a short distance if you are travelling though.[/quote]

Gorgeous looking bass - serious bargain I reckon...

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='91122' date='Nov 19 2007, 09:44 PM']SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

'Tis a bargain and she is a beauty - but she deserves to be played![/quote]

lucky new owner... that's twice this Bass has slipped away from me as I haven't had the folding readies to go for it... My "emergency impulse" Bass fund now stands at £50 in the piggy bank...

[quote name='lukeward2004' date='Nov 19 2007, 11:28 AM' post='90734']
Hi,

A few weeks back I bought a great little "bitsa" jazz bass built by our own BassBod, however I am finding that my other basses are taking up all my playing time and this has only been played twice since I got it, and its taking up space I need at the moment.

Description from the original owner:

Jap bits, alder body WD/Gotoh hardware, Kent Armstron p/ups. Currently strung with Labella plastic flats, includes unused Thomann hard case.

And some pics:

The Plastic flats sound great on this and feel like they will last forever - really good for thumping out those old motown classics or for those chilled out jazz moments.

Im asking for what I paid for it - £175 collected from Windsor, berkshire. Will happily meet within a short distance if you are travelling though.

PM me!

MB1. :)
Minute i noticed the wording on your ad, i started humming "im in pieces, bits and pieces" a 60s hit i believe ,and very annoying! ,any idea who sang it?
Many Thanks! :huh:
Martin.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='91554' date='Nov 20 2007, 03:44 PM']Jimmy Saville's radio show every Sunday afternoon while I was growing up while my Mum cooked Sunday lunch.

No wonder I'm f*cked up....[/quote]

you got off lightly... I had to suffer Sing Something Simple every Sunday evening as my dad drove me back to boarding school for the week...

at least I could listen to John Peel late at night with my radio under the pillows after "lights out"......

• 2 weeks later...