Why become a member? ×

GENZ BENZ Shuttle 3.0 NOW SOLD

bassmeg

[attachment=49620:BUTLINS_031.JPG][attachment=49618:BUTLINS_029.JPG][attachment=49619:BUTLINS_030.JP
G][attachment=49617:BUTLINS_028.JPG]

[b][/b]GENZ-BENZ Shuttle 3.0 300w @4ohm/175w@8ohm [color="#FF0000"]£275+p&p[/color] probably not much more than a fiver.

These things are lighter than you could imagine is possible for an amp.(its worth taping it down during gigs!) Let alone such a loud and nice sounding one.

Ive had this for 6 months or so. Bought from fellow basschatter "chimike". I have decided to try as many amps as possible and not keep the same one for one for too long so that i can try loads.

Two of these have gone for silly money recently, and good luck to those who got the bargains! But i am not going to undervalue this amp, as it is fully worth what i am asking. There are good sound shaping options on here, mid cut, low boost, treble boost. EQ with low/high mids, bass and treble. Any other questions, please ask.

Edited by bassmeg

[quote name='Merton' post='832544' date='May 9 2010, 08:42 PM']For anyone who needs to know, Chris is a top bloke to deal with - good luck with the sale dude :)[/quote]

Cheers mate, did you get one of these amps? Did you get it for a crazy price?

[quote name='Merton' post='836557' date='May 13 2010, 08:13 PM']I didn't in the end, few issues with new house and of course the Bright Box saga... Still want one at some point tho. How does it compare to the Nemesis tonally and powerwise?[/quote]

Hope you get somewhere with the bright box thing.

As for the GB vs Nemesis - the nemesis EQ section is the best ive used. Although, i keep it flat on the GB, which says that it suits me without adjustment i suppose. I guess the biggest plus point for the Nemi is the power. And the biggest plus point for the GB is the size/weight. But sitting on top of my 6x10 cab it does look a bit underwhelming. Does sound good though.

As for tonally, im not a particularly good judge of this. But id say that they are quite similar-they are both "clean" sounding.

TBH Martin, i really like both, but i am trying not to get too sentimental about any of my gear so i can change it quickly and eventually have a go at all manufacturers. SWR750 up next!

Has the problem with cutting out on the Nemi happened to you?

[quote name='bassmeg' post='836665' date='May 13 2010, 10:02 PM']Has the problem with cutting out on the Nemi happened to you?[/quote]
Nope :) But two gigs tomorrow so I'm sure I can make it a first time soon :rolleyes: TBH I run the input section a couple of notches down from the clip light even blinking just to be safe, seems to have worked so far!

[quote name='bassmeg' post='832472' date='May 9 2010, 07:22 PM'][attachment=49620:BUTLINS_031.JPG][attachment=49618:BUTLINS_029.JPG][attachment=49619:BUTLINS_030.JP
G][attachment=49617:BUTLINS_028.JPG]

[b][/b]GENZ-BENZ Shuttle 3.0 300w @4ohm/175w@8ohm [color="#FF0000"]£275+p&p[/color] probably not much more than a fiver.

These things are lighter than you could imagine is possible for an amp.(its worth taping it down during gigs!) Let alone such a loud and nice sounding one.

Ive had this for 6 months or so. Bought from fellow basschatter "chimike". [color="#FF0000"]I have decided to try as many amps as possible and not keep the same one for one for too long so that i can try loads. [/color]

Two of these have gone for silly money recently, and good luck to those who got the bargains! But i am not going to undervalue this amp, as it is fully worth what i am asking. There are good sound shaping options on here, mid cut, low boost, treble boost. EQ with low/high mids, bass and treble. Any other questions, please ask.[/quote]

----------------------------------------------

Would you consider doing a deal for one of these:

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=5"]Ashdown Head[/url]

It's in immaculate condition with Ashdown cover.

Oggy :)

-----------------------------------------------

[quote name='Oggy' post='836849' date='May 14 2010, 08:49 AM']----------------------------------------------

Would you consider doing a deal for one of these:

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=5"]Ashdown Head[/url]

It's in immaculate condition with Ashdown cover.

-----------------------------------------------[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Oggy, but i have just bought another amp so dont need to accumulate any more. I see you have a shuttle 6, so you know how nice these things are.

[quote name='bassmeg' post='837327' date='May 14 2010, 03:59 PM']Thanks for the offer Oggy, but i have just bought another amp so dont need to accumulate any more. I see you have a shuttle 6, so you know how nice these things are.[/quote]

If the Shuttle 3.0 is half as good as the Shuttle 6.0 I have, It'll be a cracker.

I used a Barefaced Compact and an Ashdown Mini 15 with it the other night - Ohhhhhhh - the kidneys have just about recovered from the workout now :rolleyes:.

• 4 weeks later...