Why become a member? ×

Blade B4 jazz bass

dr1

Hi all,

here's my [b]Blade B4,Levinson' hand made bass [/b]from 89-92 (not sure,but they are made around those years ..) it's beautiful trans blue on Swamp Ash, lovely maple satin finished neck and Ebony fretboard.
There's aswell gorgeous golden hardware,along with vintage style tuning keys and high quality bridge.
Pick ups and electronics by Gary Levinson custom. Pots are master vol.pick ups bal and master tone,BUT:
It has the unique and "advanced concept" (as they calls it) of EQ which mean you adjust your EQ preset inside cavity of the bass. there's two rows of small EQ pots for preset 1 and 2 (see the switch beslow the pick ups)
currently I made preset one for a nice mid rangey bite,say, funk finger style and preset 2 with bit of scooped mids for slapping. Inside cavity there is also two hum trimmering pots ( I will send the scheme on e mail ) and needless to say, it's adjusted to no hum at all. Your eq settings or electricity at your location may be different,so you can trimmer it on your own liking and circumstances.
I am selling only because I bought couple of basses recently too (along which is an absolute great Squier Japan JV series Precision ) and having few P's and jazzes, I decide to give this bass a better home. I am not in hurry whatsoever and got no troubles with keeping it after all as I know I will be sorry (will CRY infact!!!) when it's on the go eventually.

this is marvelous instrument which is out of production for a long time, it has high end basses quality and specifications, it's collector item - and it's worth every penny of it :) Also,the price includes DHL delivering which means bass is on your doorway (no taxes or questins asked) in 24-48 H from the moment I got your inquiry on my Bank account.
now to the pics:

for even more info,here's video clips of the same model in the hands of Funk Master - Paul Jackson:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFcpBB4Yy_M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFcpBB4Yy_M[/url]

will be happy to answer your PMs and e mails.

cheers guys!!!
Dragan

Edited by dr1

Played one of these recently. Beautifully made grewat sounding. The onboard pre-amp is very transparent. Sounds like a jazz bass but capable of very crisp, clean, precise sound thanks to the tight build quality, preamp and ebony/swamp-ash combination. I'd have one already if i weren't a student, eating beans and looking forward to homelessness after i graduate in to the current economic waseland...Highly recommended bass! Hmmm and blueburst would match my Ray....

thank you rich! appreciate your comment. it's a really special instrument. it's not your typical Fender jazz bass sound due to,as you pointed to ebony/preamp combo, but it's very high quality and "all sound you can tweak the EQ pots on" bass indeed!

• 1 year later...