Why become a member? ×

Alembic Epic 4.

giblett123

Balance is generally very good given the extended upper horn and placement of the strap buttons - indeed, balance is much better than some of the Series and Sig models in my opinion (SC, MK, small standard etc.)

As a long-time Fender devotee I recently jumped into Alembic world and bought an 86 Spoiler. The build quality and attention to detail is amazing comapred with Fenders. This is an amazing deal for a beautiful bass.

[quote name='Clarky' post='828708' date='May 5 2010, 05:27 PM']As a long-time Fender devotee I recently jumped into Alembic world and bought an 86 Spoiler. The build quality and attention to detail is amazing comapred with Fenders. This is an amazing deal for a beautiful bass.[/quote]
Obviously I'm going to agree with all of the above! :) it is a lovely bass that is built to a seriously high standard, it isn't a lightweight but the balance is spot on, I'm feeble(ish) & it doesn't kill me playing it!

Definitely one for those who like "interesting" basses! I've grown tired of the whole "Fender" or "Fender-a-like" thing. Basses like this for me represent the cream of the crop, something incredibly well made that is a bit different, something you wouldn't usually see strolling into a guitar shop on the high street! Incidentally, with it being an Alembic you can also guarantee quality, as high a compliment as you can get!

As it happens, I should have a fretless Alembic Epic 5 string coming in the post tomorrow since I missed collection today! :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='828942' date='May 5 2010, 08:42 PM']Definitely one for those who like "interesting" basses! I've grown tired of the whole "Fender" or "Fender-a-like" thing. Basses like this for me represent the cream of the crop, something incredibly well made that is a bit different, something you wouldn't usually see strolling into a guitar shop on the high street! Incidentally, with it being an Alembic you can also guarantee quality, as high a compliment as you can get!

As it happens, I should have a fretless Alembic Epic 5 string coming in the post tomorrow since I missed collection today! :)[/quote]
The 5 your getting used to be mine! I sold it to James a while back, you won't be disappointed, it is stunning, v solid & has a sound to die for, gorgeous.. shame i couldn't play the thing!

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='829253' date='May 6 2010, 06:48 AM']That five was a bargain, as is this!![/quote]
Yeah, at that price he's got a very serious bargain! I'm also considering trades on this one so if you have something interesting drop me a line, I'm fairly open minded as long as it isn't knackered!

Having just got the fretless 5 Alembic today, I am absolutely blown away. Build quality that blows everything else away, and sound and playability I've never even seen in a fretless before! These basses are just obviously out of this world! This fretted bass for sale here will no doubt be incredible too!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='830002' date='May 6 2010, 08:20 PM']Having just got the fretless 5 Alembic today, I am absolutely blown away. Build quality that blows everything else away, and sound and playability I've never even seen in a fretless before! These basses are just obviously out of this world! This fretted bass for sale here will no doubt be incredible too![/quote]
They are very very good instruments, alas the market is dead at the mo, it seems nobody has any dosh, a sign of the times I guess!

[quote name='Shaggy' post='830474' date='May 7 2010, 11:12 AM']Amazing amount of bass for the money, and what a gorgeous maple top! :)
bump![/quote]

Still not gone cant believe this.

Does this bass have a good range of tones?

[quote name='jackjazz' post='830825' date='May 7 2010, 05:06 PM']Still not gone cant believe this.

Does this bass have a good range of tones?[/quote]
Yep! very clean sound, great to record with & has real punch, I'm not a slapper but "richardrickenbacker" had a go on it & is a great noise.

Hi Chris this should fly at that price I purchase the one from bass gallery last week and not the special like yours plays excellent yes it is weighty but the finish and wood says it all.O yes by the way you know a good friend of mine James we was only talking about you yesterday. guys buy this beauty I tried it's a guitar for life cheers Robbie.

[quote name='amenra' post='831021' date='May 7 2010, 08:51 PM']Hi Chris this should fly at that price I purchase the one from bass gallery last week and not the special like yours plays excellent yes it is weighty but the finish and wood says it all.O yes by the way you know a good friend of mine James we was only talking about you yesterday. guys buy this beauty I tried it's a guitar for life cheers Robbie.[/quote]
Cheers Robbie, they are stunning, I had a moment of weakness & bought another shuker so have to pay for it some how! has your Ric gone yet?