Why become a member? ×

'95 Warwick Corvette STD

project_c

Selling this as I now have a 5 string version. It has the classic Warwick growl, the wenge neck is in perfect condition, the body has a minimal amount of marks on it, and the bass had a full service and check-up at the Gallery as soon as I got it, so it's set up to perfection. The action is low, the neck is super fast, and it has the brass nut which you don't find on Warwicks any more unfortunately. It's set up with brand new Elixir's.
Price - £350 plus postage, or free delivery to anywhere within greater London. Or it can be collected from central London.
[attachment=48141:DSC_0189.jpg]
[attachment=48142:DSC_0191.jpg]
[attachment=48143:DSC_0192.jpg]
[attachment=48144:DSC_0193.jpg]

Edited by project_c

Folks, I can vouch for this... I bought it new from the Bass Centre in Birmingham. Genuine two owner beauty that is everything good about Warwicks and before they really went mass market. Looks to be in the same or better condition than when I let it go, so buy it, play it and love it... ...Dave's a top guy so deal with complete confidence.

Edited by Pete1967

Nice one Pete, thanks. I've looked after it well, I'm really hoping I don't regret letting it go. It's the most 'authentic' sounding Warwick I've ever had, if it wasn't for the 5 string getting all the attention this wouldn't be going anywhere.

I bet this sells quickly! I had a Corvette bubinga myself but one with an ovangkol neck and it got the most compliments in terms of sound than any other bass that I have owned, including stingrays, USA jazzers and precisions. Whoever buys this will get a cracking bass at a nice price!

[quote name='kevbass' post='818282' date='Apr 25 2010, 06:27 PM']Told you this would be a short lived affair :lol:[/quote]

Damn right it was :)

Nice trip to norf landan and all picked up,

Tried it out tonight and it's a winner, thanks again. Oh and nice car Dave :rolleyes:

[quote name='Mzungu71' post='818486' date='Apr 25 2010, 09:31 PM']Damn right it was :)

Tried it out tonight and it's a winner, thanks again. Oh and nice car Dave :rolleyes:[/quote]

I found my bubinga corvette to be the heaviest bass Ive ever owned, hows yours?

[quote name='kevbass' post='818514' date='Apr 25 2010, 09:49 PM']I found my bubinga corvette to be the heaviest bass Ive ever owned, hows yours?[/quote]

It is heavy alright, but not a great deal of difference between it and my Jazz Bass.

Had an Ash 5 string 'vette previously which was a featherweight compared to this.

Nice bass though loving it

[quote name='Mzungu71' post='818486' date='Apr 25 2010, 09:31 PM']Damn right it was :)

Tried it out tonight and it's a winner, thanks again. Oh and nice car Dave :rolleyes:[/quote]

haha cheers :lol: shame about the birdsh*t all over it, they get me every time.

[quote name='Mzungu71' post='818531' date='Apr 25 2010, 09:57 PM']It is heavy alright, but not a great deal of difference between it and my Jazz Bass.

Had an Ash 5 string 'vette previously which was a featherweight compared to this.

Nice bass though loving it[/quote]

I find that the bubinga corvette has a tighter harsher sound than the ash version.