Why become a member? ×

Good in Transit insurance

Bilbo

[quote name='Bilbo' post='815923' date='Apr 23 2010, 10:56 AM']Need to send a bass but need to insure it in transit. Courier only covers it to £100. Anyone done it?[/quote]

As a Moderator, maybe you should move your own post into the correct forum?!? :) :rolleyes:

I have sent a lot of stuff recently using Parcelmonkey - they mainly use City Link but they offer their own independant insurance at the cost of £1 per £100 insured - not sure if they offer it unless you take their courier service or not though.

Everything has been delivered very quickly and with no problems so far and I've posted a [b]lot[/b] of stuff using them.

I've always gone with Interparcel up to now who offer good insurance... but I've been getting increasingly hacked off with them (and UPS) for poor delivery times then not giving a flying feck about customer care like they used to. I'd go with Parcelmonkey if I were you.

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='816118' date='Apr 23 2010, 12:58 PM']I've always gone with Interparcel up to now who offer good insurance... but I've been getting increasingly hacked off with them (and DHL) for poor delivery times then not giving a flying feck about customer care like they used to. I'd go with Parcelmonkey if I were you.[/quote]

I've been using the UPS backed Interparcel services recently - 2 deliveries, one standard, one economy, both got there next day (well the economy one was picked up yesterday and is "out for delivery" today).

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='816118' date='Apr 23 2010, 12:58 PM']I've always gone with Interparcel up to now who offer good insurance... but I've been getting increasingly hacked off with them (and UPS) for poor delivery times then not giving a flying feck about customer care like they used to. I'd go with Parcelmonkey if I were you.[/quote]
I've found Interparcel's UPS services to be absolutely brilliant (and comparatively cheap) unless anything involves going north of Edinburgh/Glasgow, or into rural Wales. Once that happens, it's anyone's guess as to when it might get picked up or delivered. :) I think it's to do with the relative sparseness of their delivery depots (and the scattered population) in those areas.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='816301' date='Apr 23 2010, 02:55 PM']in Dundee just now (our nearest depot :rolleyes:)[/quote]
There's the problem right there. What's that, an hour's drive each way? Combine that with lazy twot drivers and you're destined for poopy service. We're very, very lucky here to have excellent drivers with the vast majority of the parcel services. (Wouldn't touch ANC on Tyneside with a bargepole though. :) )

Anyway, back on-topic... if you're not sending to or collecting from anywhere remote, Bilbo, Interparcel's great for delivery prices and for getting insurance easily whacked on at a fairly reasonable rate.