Why become a member? ×

62 jazz

Not exactly Triggers broom but Interested cos its a birth year bass - Damn my blasted decreptitude!!

Is £3K way too much?? And how genuine is it overall??

BB

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1962-Fender-Jazz-bass_W0QQitemZ150433369075QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item2306870bf3"]HERE[/url]

I think I've seen this bass. I'm originally from Barrow (about 10 mins from Ulverston) and remember a band playing a few years back with a very similar bass. Sounded as a jazz bass sounds, but I remember it sticking out in my mind as I'd never seen a vinatge Jazz in the flesh before.

Good luck if you go for it!

Looks genuine to me - with an honest description. Though, would always want to see it all in the flesh before parting with the cash. An ideal candidate for a nice restoration & body re-fin. Is probably a really great player's bass - from an outstanding year for Fender basses. Yes £3K would be a fair price IMHO.

I think the tuners are early 70's!
He does mention that they as well as the strap buttons aren't original.

If it was something you wanted to restore with a nice refinish, original tuners, nut, pots etc, you're probably talking an extra grand on top.
If all of that gave you a refinish with all original parts '62 for £4k, then that seems about right for a private sale, if it was all original at around 8k (refinish=half off usually).

Thats if you're bothered about all that malarky, if it plays and sounds like a dream, then just keep it the way it is!

But it would be very cool! :)

Si