Why become a member? ×

advice requested

monkeybass

You should be looking at buying yourself a Trace Elliot 4x12" fitted with castors :) and Orange Terror bass head - you won;t need anything else. £600 and I'll even meet up half way with you. :brow:

I've checked your profile so you will probably need something powerful being in a metal band. The Trace is a dirty monster of a cab and the amp is perfectly matched to it.

I personally don't rate this Marshall range and there are plenty of people that don;t rate Marshall in general. There is lots to choose from and it is depending on what you are going to be playing and what type of venues and if there is PA support etc

Edited by Delberthot

I had the Marshall setup last year - MB4210 combo plus MB115 extn cab - a lot of bass for the bucks but it was unreliable, I had 4 separate failure issues and it finally went back. Now replaced with the Peavey tour 450 head and a Hartke XL 4x10 cab, it it more money than my marshall system but peavey are really bomb proof and I've had a lot of great comments back about the clarity and punch of my sound - a league up from the marshall setup, though the marshall is capable of a lot of versatility. the peavey head also has a great range of options, in a mid sized gig its just starting to reach the limits of its volume but we do play pretty loud.
Heard quite a few rigs since getting the Peavey/hartke and its only topped by gear twice the price.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='806609' date='Apr 14 2010, 10:13 PM']You should be looking at buying yourself a Trace Elliot 4x12" fitted with castors :) and Orange Terror bass head - you won;t need anything else. £600 and I'll even meet up half way with you. :brow:

I've checked your profile so you will probably need something powerful being in a metal band. The Trace is a dirty monster of a cab and the amp is perfectly matched to it.

I personally don't rate this Marshall range and there are plenty of people that don;t rate Marshall in general. There is lots to choose from and it is depending on what you are going to be playing and what type of venues and if there is PA support etc[/quote]

That sounds good :rolleyes: I have a Trace 2x10 with an Orange Terror. It's bliss, but a 4x12 would be monstrous.

Edit: The only Marshall's I tried; I didn't like, but they weren't particularly high end ones. You might have more joy with your selection.

Edited by robthegaff