Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Bass Briefcase

EssentialTension

[quote name='Musicman20' post='806150' date='Apr 14 2010, 03:43 PM']Now THATS cool.

Id love to know how this compares to your Mesa.[/quote]
Thanks.

No comparison with the Mesa really (and one-third of the price).

The PJB is only 100 watts and I feel probably a fairly quiet 100 but it might still cope with small acoustic gigs. The tone is very nice but of course none of the valviness or thump of the Mesa.

I only plan to use it for practising at home and maybe some busking with acoustic guitar/ukulele/banjo once I get a battery for it. Even with the battery fitted it should be an easy carry.

Quite pleased with the cream though. :)

Edited by EssentialTension

I have this too. Love the cream covering-much nicer than the bog-standard black.
Saw the oxblood one too, but to quote Sideshow Bob- I had to go for that retro-50's charm :)

It does feel like 100 watts is punching way above its weight, but its perfect for acoustic sessions and very small pub gigs.
Stick a decent mic in front of it and it sounds lovely.
The EQ section is amazing on it though-very clear with a fair bit of thump.
I use mine with my custom jazz and my sienna 78 P and the tones are beautiful from it.
Have to say though, it seems to love the Jazz-or maybe its me that prefers the tone :rolleyes:

A fantastic amp and well worth the price I reckon anyway.
Have you got a battery for it yet?

Just tried one with mine the other evening at a mate's place and it worked a treat. car charger is well handy too!

[quote name='basshead56' post='807147' date='Apr 15 2010, 01:59 PM']I have this too. Love the cream covering-much nicer than the bog-standard black.
Saw the oxblood one too, but to quote Sideshow Bob- I had to go for that retro-50's charm :)

It does feel like 100 watts is punching way above its weight, but its perfect for acoustic sessions and very small pub gigs.
Stick a decent mic in front of it and it sounds lovely.
The EQ section is amazing on it though-very clear with a fair bit of thump.
I use mine with my custom jazz and my sienna 78 P and the tones are beautiful from it.
Have to say though, it seems to love the Jazz-or maybe its me that prefers the tone :rolleyes:

A fantastic amp and well worth the price I reckon anyway.
Have you got a battery for it yet?

Just tried one with mine the other evening at a mate's place and it worked a treat. car charger is well handy too![/quote]
No battery as yet. Any recommendations?