Why become a member? ×

Hello from Headingley

AndyHawkins

Hi there my name is Andy and I hail from Headingley in Leeds.

I found this board quite by accident and thought I would join up and see what was going on.

I used to play bass in a signed band called Midget (about 10 years ago - don't worry I doubt anyone will have heard of them) and now I work both as a live sound engineer (current job The Pigeon Detectives) and a recording engineer, as well as playing bass on a variety of sessions.

Current weaponry includes Fender US Precision, Musicman Sterling, Ashdowon ABM500 and 4 x 10" cab along with Sansamp Bass Driver.

Anyway that's enough for now! Cheers!

[quote name='woodenshirt' post='87362' date='Nov 12 2007, 03:54 PM']Welcome Andy..... how did the Pigeon gig at Keele go last night?

Mart[/quote]

Hi there. I thought it was a pretty good gig to be honest. The crowd seemed very up for it considering that it was a Sunday evening. We've been out on this tour now for over 5 weeks so the band are playing pretty well every night with only the occasional forgotten lyric/cock up lol.

Is anybody on the board coming to any of the remaining gigs? If so come over to the sound desk and say hi! If you're really nice I'm sure I can snaffle the odd free beer! :)

• 2 weeks later...