Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Phil Lynott Tribute FS/FT

Delberthot

Its always a dangerous time when I have a few weeks between gigs - I find myself buying stuff and then selling other stuff. Some of the things I buy never make it to a gig and are, instead, sold beforehand.

So it is with little surprise that I am offering my very custom Fender Precision for sale.

I could not find anything I liked to I decided to build it from mainly Fender parts.

The neck is from a Mid 80s E Series Fender MIJ Precision, The tuners are from a 1978 MIA Fender, The body is from a brand new MIM precision with a date of October 2009 on it. The scratchplate is from WD and is made specifically for MIM Precisions so don't know if it will fit ones made in other factories, the bridge is my favourite Gotoh 201 and its finished off with a Jason Lollar pickup, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and paper-in-oil cap.

I fitted Fretfx LEDs to the side of the neck a few months ago as well.

The only thing that would'nt be included is the Star Wars knob. I have the complete collection including the strap so it would be staying with me.

For a straight sale I would be looking in the region of £500 but am open to negotiation.

If I were to part it out then I would be looking for a buyer for each part before I could split it as I need to make sure that I have enough cash to buy myself a new bass.

The individual parts are:

Neck £200
Body £100
Tuners £180
Scratchplate £15
Bridge £15

I would be keeping a hold of the pickups and wiring as I plan to get myself another P bass. Maybe not now but at some point. I may try to remove the LEDs but if I can't then I would add £25 onto the price of the neck (half what I paid for them). Again, I'm flexible on price as long as its not rediculous

For trades with my bass only I would be interested in quite a few different ones:

Yamaha BB3000 or 5000
Ibanez SR506 or SR1016
Fender Musicmaster or Mustang
Fender maple fretless precision

I currently have my 3 gig old Orange Terror Bass available. i have a few interested parties but nothing solid yet. I would be happy to do a trade with this as well for something like:

Musicman Stingray 5 string
Warwick $$ 5 string
Spector Euro 4

Being absolutely honest I don't have anything in particular that I am after. I tend to be very shallow when buying new stuff inthat if it looks good then I'm interested unless I've had one before and hated it. This also means that I dislike anything with lots of dings and dents.

That should be everything covered so fire away if you're interested. If you're after a part then I'll draw up a wee list so that I know who wants what so when I have a new owner for everything then I'll be in touch and we can sort out payment and delivery.

Edited by Delberthot

I've just had a good long look at it to check for any damage or marks.

The body is perfect - no dings dents, scratches or swirls to be found

The neck, considering its about 25 years old is in excellent condition as well with just a few tiny marks on the back and a bit of abrasion at the tip of the headstock. The back of the neck nearest the heel has some red paint on it from when a previous owner glued it to its original CAR body. I've never tried to get this off cos its relatively well hidden

Edited by Delberthot

Those FretFX LED's look the business, I was gonna invest in some myself in the future but didn't know how well they actually fixed to a bass and if they stayed where they're meant to, are they good mate?

...and bump for a nice cracking looking bass :)

[quote name='BassJase' post='803592' date='Apr 12 2010, 12:13 PM']Those FretFX LED's look the business, I was gonna invest in some myself in the future but didn't know how well they actually fixed to a bass and if they stayed where they're meant to, are they good mate?

...and bump for a nice cracking looking bass :)[/quote]

They are fantastic and stick on really well. They look the business when they're on.

[quote name='merello' post='803623' date='Apr 12 2010, 12:39 PM']I have bought from this guy and I'll have to warn you all....

.....it's a struggle to get him out of bed in the morning! :)

Good seller and I've seen the bass up close and it looks absolutely stunning.[/quote]

I have a confession to make - when you came round for the Hartke combo I was still very, very drunk from the night before. I'm talking legendary drunkness.

I may have a buyer for the neck so if anyone is interested in a shiny new black MIM Fender body (minus parts) and a set of vintage tuners then let me know.

Once I have a buyer for all 3 then i can split the bass and keep a hold of the other bits unless there's interest there as well

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Delberthot' post='803886' date='Apr 12 2010, 04:40 PM']If memory serves me correctly its 43mm I'm at work so I'll C when I get home :brow:

How can I tell if its a C or something else?[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Surely its a P Nut?...Coat Collected!
BUMP!

• 3 weeks later...