Why become a member? ×

Hipshot GB7 bass extender

jimbobothy

Hi all, just wondering what experiences people have had with the GB7 tuner. I bought one (fortunatley not at the RRP!) for my Warwick 4 string and have just had a go at installing it, I was so appauled by the quality of manufacture that I haven't put it on and it's back in it's little box. The string post has absolutely loads of play in it and when you do install it it doesn't even protrude the same height as the standard warwick tuners. To say I'm not impressed is an understatment.

Has anyone else thought this or is it just me?

Edited by jimbobothy

I fitted one to my epiphone thunderbird. It looks like it is a bought-in tuner with hipshot gubbins added to make it into a D-Tuner rather than something made totally by hipshot - like my lollipop late 60s-style D-tuner which matches the hipshot tuners I put on my fretless P.

The tuner on mine is good quality - certainly better that the stock epiphone ones. I haven't noticed any play on mine. Certainly not when strung up to pitch. The string post not being long enough worried me at first and I had to cut a bit off my E string to accomodate, but I still managed to get four or five neat winds of the string around it (I use TI Flats) so it doesn't worry me at all. It works perfectly as a tuner and I can drop to D and back to E in the middle of a song for my low D - which is how I use it as I'm too thick to drop to D for a whole song as it confuses me having to transpose just one string.