Why become a member? ×

"Old" Bass Case

Stag

Ive been looking for a case for my 72' Les Paul for ages now, and it seem I may have found one. Im told its a 70's one, so it should fit my bass (unlike the modern Les Paul shaped cases). What's a realistic price for a "vintage" case? its more born out of necessity than a pervy "I must have a vintage case" thing - no other case fits my bass sadly.

I can't imagine that an 70's Les Paul case would be along the same price line as something by Fender from the same period - they seem to be the most sought after. The seller more than likely has a valuation in his mind, so maybe try to eek it out of him?

I certainly wouldn't be paying over the odds for one if I were in your situation - you'd do it only to find a similar one for sale a few weeks later for pennies!

[quote name='Stag' post='799929' date='Apr 8 2010, 04:13 PM']Cheers for the replies chaps - it turns out its a case for an EB3L or EB4L so isnt suitable anyway... back to the hunt![/quote]

Wouldn't a Hiscox/Gator/SKB style case do? My Bolin SC (LP shaped really) fits my SKB case.

Hmmm, ive now been offered one of the "newer" Les Paul cases - looks like the case is probably from the 80's. It's also got a price - £170 - which I think is way OTT... I am right to think thats ridiculous arent I? The guy bought it from the States by the look of it and is taking into account the tax & import charges.

If that Hiscox one can fit my LP in id have a look at that - not sure it will as per warwickhunt's post but I guess its worth a try? I would probably pay about £120 for the right case, so £80 for a brand new one is a good deal.

Hiscox Cases Limited • Mill Park Industrial Estate • Hawks Green Lane • Cannock • Staffordshire • WS11 7XT • UK
Tel: +44 (0)1543 571420 • Fax: +44 (0)1543 571458 • Email: [email protected]

Call them if you are not sure or check these dimensions;

Guitar Case Model: STD-EBP
Suitable for larger Bass guitars ie Burns Bison.

Internal guitar case dimensions:
Length 1245mm 49"
Lower Bout 393mm 15.50"
Upper Bout 337mm 13.25"
Body Length 558mm 22"
Body Depth 70mm 2.75"
Empty Weight 4.5kg 10.5lbs