Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBXJM2 6 string lost in the royal mail post

fluffo

Hi to all, I recently sold a RBXJM2 yammy bass via the bay, I sent it via royal mail to the glasgow area and it hasn't been seen since.
They are less than helpful and every little thing seems to take forever with this lot.
Anyway it's gonna cost me big, with a refund to the buyer plus his postage and then the nightmare of resolving this with the post office.
I'm gonna stick a couple of pics on here, so please look out for it, ie you may see it for sale somewhere else, the only distinguishing marks on this is the pitting on the the chrome knobs.
Ebay have no interest in helping the seller what so ever, so all beware!!!!!!!!!!
Any info [email protected] or 07956 964 156

thanks guys

mark

[attachment=46688:_Bmjy0IQ...I0w___12.jpg]
[attachment=46689:_Bmjzfk_...pgQ___12.jpg]
[attachment=46690:_BmjzH1_...emw___12.jpg]
[attachment=46691:_Bmj0HPQ...1eg___12.jpg]

Edited by fluffo

i send through the post office all the time

the service i get is a1 i send 24 hour delivery

insured upto £500, if they have lost it they have to

pay the value of what has been lost, unless you have sent uninsured

then i'm not sure what you can do, i'm sure if the item was lost in the post

the royal mail will be libal for the cost, would be suprised if you can't get your money

out of them, will depend on what service you have used though, i'll keep an eye out

incase someone local is selling similar, but more likely it's sitting in the depot with a ripped address label

[quote name='Rich' post='799074' date='Apr 7 2010, 07:02 PM']Oh god, the Royal Fail strikes again.[/quote]

I work for the idiots and I am less than impressed that they managed to loose a box containing a stereo, it was approximately 3ftx2ft. How the @(£&*& do you loose that.

As for 'Royal Mail Customer Service' what a contradiction in terms that is. I'm always telling folk if they have a problem to ring our customer service line. I'm not going to do that anymore, I'm more likely to suggest they impale themselves on a sword as that's less painful.

Sheer incompetence. 15 years ago I used to be able to say with confidence that x item would turn up in y time. Now I'm saying 'well it might get there and it might not!'

[quote name='Johnston' post='799502' date='Apr 8 2010, 09:23 AM']Not on the bay. I assumed that for one of my first auctions.

Sold something buyer didn't want to pay insured price. Posted it he claimed never got . ebay took funding from my account saying it was my responsibility to get it to the seller.

Few months later I checked the guys feedback, seemed like he made a habit of not paying for insured then claimed it never turned up :) :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

Firstly thankyou to all your replies , most helpful, I know the guy In my local post office, I left it with him in the knowledge that I had £20 allocated for postage but he didn't put any insurance on it.
Although no insurance with offered on the listing anyway and the buyer never requested it, it was sent standard parcels due to the size and wait.
Ebay has now refunded him today but no monies have been taked from my account, tell me can paypal automatically take money from my bank, my paypal balance is zero but there is a direct debit in place from my bank account to cover any transaction I may make.
Will post serial number of bass once I find it.

I find it crazy that you can pay a company to deliver a package, then if it arrives broken or doesn't arrive at all, it's YOUR responsibility to have insurance or cover the costs.

I know that's the way it works, but I can't think of any other sector where you pay a company to do a job then they accept no responsibility for any negative results.