Why become a member? ×

Covers for a Compact

ukbassboy

Received my Barefaced Compact the other week and wanting a cover for it to avoid getting it wet between car and venue. I dont want anything to significant... no sense paying for an amazingly light can and then buying bulky, heavy cover for it!
Anyone got any recommendations? Any other cabs out there with similar dimensions or will I have to go for something bespoke (and thus costly)?

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='795536' date='Apr 4 2010, 10:25 AM'][url="http://www.amplifiercoversonline.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=107_136&products_id=882"]Roqsolid[/url][/quote]

Ordered one without the felt padding - just what I was looking for!
Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, thought I had posted a reply to this a while ago but doesnt seem to have gone through...
I ordered the Roq Solid cover without the padding and its just what I was after - a nice waterproof, light weight cover for transport between car and stage/practice area.
Just a note to say that the standard cover comes with the opening on the long end, i.e you have to put the cover on when its lying sideways. I would have personally prefered it to go on when sitting vertically but still, semantics I guess, it will do the job nicely.

Thanks for the advice guys.

• 5 months later...

Just ordered one of these for my Compact. Phoned up Roqsolid to specify a 'portrait' rather than 'landscape' cover and he was very surprised one had been sent out as 'landscape' design. Odd. Still, very good service, the chap was friendly and said the cover should be with me by the end of the week.

[quote name='ukbassboy' post='820051' date='Apr 26 2010, 10:19 PM']Sorry guys, thought I had posted a reply to this a while ago but doesnt seem to have gone through...
I ordered the Roq Solid cover without the padding and its just what I was after - a nice waterproof, light weight cover for transport between car and stage/practice area.
Just a note to say that the standard cover comes with the opening on the long end, i.e you have to put the cover on when its lying sideways. I would have personally prefered it to go on when sitting vertically but still, semantics I guess, it will do the job nicely.

Thanks for the advice guys.[/quote]
I got 4 extra feet from Alex and fitted them on the side means I can stack the cab any way I like for use and transport etc and the landscape format is good for me as I always have the cab on its side in storage and transport

[quote name='joegarcia' post='985602' date='Oct 12 2010, 12:24 PM']Just ordered one of these for my Compact. Phoned up Roqsolid to specify a 'portrait' rather than 'landscape' cover and he was very surprised one had been sent out as 'landscape' design. Odd. Still, very good service, the chap was friendly and said the cover should be with me by the end of the week.[/quote]
I personally don't get the need for a cover for a compact, as my slightly road-worn Compact will attest. I just 'colour in' the bumps and scrapes with a marker. Seems more in keeping with what Alex had in mind with the choice of textured covering. Correct me if I'm wrong, Alex. Don't meant to put words in your mouth!

[quote name='Sharkfinger' post='985818' date='Oct 12 2010, 02:22 PM']I personally don't get the need for a cover for a compact, as my slightly road-worn Compact will attest. I just 'colour in' the bumps and scrapes with a marker. Seems more in keeping with what Alex had in mind with the choice of textured covering. Correct me if I'm wrong, Alex. Don't meant to put words in your mouth![/quote]

My first gig with the Compact (and many practices since) involved me having to park away from the venue and carry it in the pouring rain. I was very thankful for the waterproof cover that kept the speaker bone dry. Its a very durable cab so not so worried about bumps and scratches hence I have the cover without any padding or boards.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Sibob' post='1028169' date='Nov 18 2010, 04:48 PM']They've just sent me a landscape Compact cover too.....after I specified portrait....slightly annoying, but seeing as I haven't got the cab yet, not too big a deal lol.
We'll see how they respond :)

Si[/quote]

Weird. When I spoke to them he said he'd make sure all future ones were portrait.

[quote name='ukbassboy' post='820051' date='Apr 26 2010, 09:19 PM']Just a note to say that the standard cover comes with the opening on the long end, i.e you have to put the cover on when its lying sideways. I would have personally prefered it to go on when sitting vertically but still, semantics I guess, it will do the job nicely.[/quote]

I would have thought it makes more sense to have the opening on the long end. If you're carrying it in the rain, surely it's better to have the opening pointing downwards than pointing backwards? I admit it means that you have to lay the cab down before you can put the cover on, but that seems a small inconvenience to bear.

S.P.