Why become a member? ×

Jap Precision

any ideas on the authenticity or not of this ?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Bass-Fiesta-Red_W0QQitemZ280484683939QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item414e30a0a3"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Bas...=item414e30a0a3[/url]

A frequent 'subtle' con/ploy to get the unwary thinking that they may be snagging a Fender Custom Shop on the cheap. As usual the seller is clever/honest/tricky enough that he's well covered his backside by clearly telling everyone what it [u]actually[/u] is! Only the greedy or foolish would be bidding this up hoping that they might actually get a CS and there are people out there who will be doing just that... we've seen it before :)

So he's "assured" it's a Japanese Fender, then? Hmmm.

I can't see any particularly persuasive evidence that it's anything at all to do with Fender, to be honest. And why would anyone bother slapping all that shonky "Custom Shop" tack all over a perfectly respectable MIJ Precision?

I bet it's an SX.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='793669' date='Apr 1 2010, 07:55 PM']So he's "assured" it's a Japanese Fender, then? Hmmm.

I can't see any particularly persuasive evidence that it's anything at all to do with Fender, to be honest. And why would anyone bother slapping all that shonky "Custom Shop" tack all over a perfectly respectable MIJ Precision?

I bet it's an SX.

Jon.[/quote]

Yep, every time a set of those 'Genuine Fender Custom Shop' transfers sells on eBay, you know some poor punter is about to part with a lot of cash for a £25 bass