Why become a member? ×

Anything better than Marvel straplocks

iconic

• 3 weeks later...

I've used schallers in the past but there's only so many times I could deal with my bass falling off the strap then needing a screwdriver or spanner to fix it properly.

I just have those dunlop plastic things that you put over the pin then twist them to lock them. Never failed me yet, you can use them on as many basses as you want without it costing a penny and if they break/get lost they're cheap to replace.

Only problem is they don't fit on my Warwick for some reason (first bass I've ever encountered the problem with) but I'm using a pretty short, stiff strap with that so it's in no danger of falling anyway.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='820307' date='Apr 27 2010, 09:41 AM']I've used schallers in the past but there's only so many times I could deal with my bass falling off the strap then needing a screwdriver or spanner to fix it properly.

I just have those dunlop plastic things that you put over the pin then twist them to lock them. Never failed me yet, you can use them on as many basses as you want without it costing a penny and if they break/get lost they're cheap to replace.

Only problem is they don't fit on my Warwick for some reason (first bass I've ever encountered the problem with) but I'm using a pretty short, stiff strap with that so it's in no danger of falling anyway.[/quote]

I've used these for 20 years+ with no problems ever!
Best thing is you don't have to mess around with strap buttons/different straps etc, and cheap too.
Whats not to like?

Every metal straplock I have owned (Schaller, Warwick, unbranded) has self destructed or come undone. I use either Grolsch washers, or those twisty Dunlop plastic ones, both are brilliant, Dunlop are slightly better on something like the Status where the strap button is on an odd angle. Grolsch are best on the Thunderbird, where the Dunlops won't fit behind the neck joint. Cheap and cheerful, and no moving parts to go wrong.

Edited by robocorpse