Why become a member? ×

Spector Legend

oldslapper

Just taken delivery of what I thought was a standard Legend 5 string.
Bit of a punt, bought "blind" but I like them and it was a bargain.
Quilted NS shaped body, H/bucker at bridge, single coil at neck, gold hardware, 5 bolt on neck and 3 band eq. I'll post some pics tomorrow. But I thought the Legends were 2 buckers, black H/ware and 2 band boost only eq.

It's immaculate and sounds gert lush, very good tonal variation with the 2 pups, but I'm confused!
Couldn't find a Legend with 3 band and gold hardware unless it was a "set neck" custom.

Anyway as I said, not complaining.....I'm slowly converting to the Spector sound and will probably hunt down a Rebop/Euro when I've got some pennies.
But in the mean time can anyone point me in the direction of some info on these please??

Ta
John

[quote name='cetera' post='790415' date='Mar 30 2010, 11:15 AM']That sounds like a Legend5 from 2004-2006. See here: [url="http://www.spectorbass.com/NewFilesNew/modelhistory_new.html"]Spector model history[/url][/quote]
Thanks Cetera, looks like it.

Have you any suggested pre amp replacements? So far J East pre amp seems to be a favourite. I had thought of EMG BTS 3 band?

Only a passing comment of curiosity but i thought you might like a peek at my old 'bassmaster funk' i think it was made by tanglewood or cort, ive had it since the early '90s and its one ill never part with, kinda spector'y, right down to the concave back and really an amazing bass. It was £350 in a sale back in the day, and ive preffered it to most basses ive owned. Not much to be found out about 'em, only ever come across one other, which was an excited bloke on myspace who messaged me as surprised as i was to hear of another..

carry on....... :)

• 8 months later...

Just saw that bass and had to comment, I have the same one. Lovely bass to play, nice sound too. Nice and punchy. I have never seen anybody else with one. My neck seems a tiny bit warped in one or two places ( The strings buzz off the frets ) So I have it de-strung, and will get at the truss rod. I was thinking of sanding it down past the stain and clear coating it.