Why become a member? ×

So what about the new Fenders

bubinga5

Seems like Fender have people captured with the shape (P bass and J bass), tone, payability, simplicity...seems the only thing they lack is the prestige quality that builders such as Sadowsky AC have..even there CS range seem to be over priced for what it is....with so far nothing exciting happening in the affordable world...

Exciting as they are, could the new Deluxe basses offer the magic that Sadowsky etc offer...im so glad they got rid of the (IMHO) odd shape that the old US Deluxe basses had...didnt dig that shortened lower horn look...

im really keen to see what the pre amp offers.this for me is the key.....there going to have to come out with a bomb of a pre to compete with Bart/Aguilar/J East/Audere... etc on the market..

i personally have been dying for Fender to do something off the wall, like a LTD edition color range, with bindings and blocks..i can imagine that they would sell them by the thousands, i knowi would have GAS......

this is my ultimate Jazz..

pale blue, with matching headstock...white pearl pick guard, rosewood FB with pearl blocks,flame maple neck, wight binding,Bartolini JJ pups... :)

I'm all for Fender improving and expanding their range but one thing I've never quite understood is the "if only Fender made a bass that was like/as good as a Sadowsky".

If Sadowsky make a bass which is as good as a Sadowsky why not just buy a Sadowsky instead of wanting Fender to build a 'copy'?

Not taking a pop at anyone here I promise, just not quite seeing the point of wanting a Fender to make something that is like one of the 'super-jazz' basses out there (unless they drastically undercut them on price and match them on genuine quality & keep resale value").

If Fender are keen to take back or try and get a market share they perceive they have lost then the pre will probably be the key and it shouldn't be too hard to get something that will be useful, surely..?

The only reason a lot of these hot jazzes got a foothold was because Fender gave up this ground and didn't listen or know what was wanted.
Sadowsky was known in NY for years for rodding Fenders...but I guess Fender didn't notice..???????

I quite like modern Jazzes and stylistically, a nice but subtle patterned neck and bound and blocked with MOP, against a full colour can look the business AFAIAC.
Not a fan of matching coloured headstock myself.... but have warmed to the vintage type colours.

The subtle green, blues and whites look fantastic and REALLY can work, visually, IMV
I couldn't tell you what they call these colours but you know them when you see them.

I like the latest model Fender are putting out atm... but I think the success depends on the pre amp.

There are too many good alternatives out there for Fender to balls that one up..I think.