Why become a member? ×

Zon Sonus 6 String - For Sale or Trade for a Jazz bass.

Soliloquy

Now for sale or trade.

For trades I really want a 'super jazz', ie a Sadowsky or a Sei, preferably a 5 string mode, Marcus Miller jazz.

I will consider trades for most quality 5 string basses, Zon, Status, Overwater, MTD, F-Bass, Sadowsky, Sei, Alembic etc.

I can add cash if necessary.

The bass is in really great condition.

It has a fantastic low action, and features an ash body with spalted maple facing. Bartolini custom pickups and it has a McKeen preamp which was installed by a previous owner.

It's 34" scale and is currently strung with DR Lo-rider nickels.

It also has a removable ramp that was made for it, and has been removed :) it attaches with double sided sticky tape.

Sale price is £1350 plus shipping or you can collect it.

Edited by Soliloquy

Morning bump.

I should add that this is the lightest and easiest to play of all the 6 string basses that I've owned.

The action is amazingly low, and it stays where you set it due to the carbon fibre neck. The neck is also incredibly slim (front to back), and not too wide due to the 16.5mm string spacing.

I remember someone on Talkbass was looking for a Zon six string.
nickname Mozzarellius or something like that. Maybe it could be worth a shot.
Bump for the Zon anyway (hope to find for sale a four or five string :) )

Edited by ialma

Saw and heard this bass yesterday,it is gorgeous and the sound! Amazing.(Too many strings for me) That was through my ex trace gear with eq set flat too,great harmonic range and a great guy too.Have a well deserved bump for a top bass.

[quote name='k-sad' post='797305' date='Apr 6 2010, 10:56 AM']I think the previous owner put up a youtube vid where he plays it...
Lots of "jacoesque" tone as i remembered... B looked tight...
Was it this one?

(mp)[/quote]

I'm not sure about that, I don't remember him saying anything about youtube.

It can sort of do Jaco, albeit a 'fretted Jaco'. It's actually got more of a Marcus Miller vibe to it really though, a lot more !. It has a very, very 'modern' sound, it's most definitely not 'old school' by any stretch of the imagination. It has a fantastic slap sound.

It's strung with DR Lo-rider nickels and has a great low action.