Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II

ReeV0

[size=4][u][b]SOLD[/b][/u][/size]

Hi guys,

Up for sale/trade is my GK 1001RB-II. This amp needs no introduction. 700 LOUD watts, infamous GK sound. Check out their site for the full specs: [url="http://www.gallien.com"]www.gallien.com[/url]

I love it to bits, and it works flawlessly, and man is it loud, but it's just a bit too heavy for me to continually take it everywhere by public transport (don't have a car) along with my bass and bag of effects. Saying that, it's not that heavy at around 10kg, but I guess I'm just not very strong. So for that reason, and that reason alone, it's up for sale/trade.

I'd rather trade it with someone for a lightweight amp, but if it ends up being sold, I'll probably be looking for around £450. It's in great condition, no scratchy pots, it's never been properly gigged, just used at home and at band practice. It's never been driven it to the max (its darn loud), it's been kept in a smoke free, pet fee house.

Here are some pics of my GK, as you can see, great condition.

PM me if interested![u][/u][u][/u]

Edited by jjl5590

[quote name='iamapirate' post='785275' date='Mar 24 2010, 10:38 PM']price? New rules....[/quote]
If it's gonna sell, I'm looking for £450, which it more than reasonable considering its £200 off the street price.

But as I said in the description, I'd rather trade.

Cheers

Hi Paul,

I bought the amp of a fellow Basschat member (dangerboy) a couple of months back. Great guy to deal with BTW.

He was selling it because it was his backup amp, and it wasn't getting used. I'm not entirely sure how old the amp is, but i've just been using it as a bedroom/rehersal amp (never gigged it), and it works flawlessly.

Unfortunately the EA iamp 800 is a bit on the heavy side for me, so I think i'll give that one a miss.

Thanks for the offer though :)

[quote name='lownote' post='790729' date='Mar 30 2010, 02:58 PM']Ok no worrys, just thought it would be ideal as only 9kg 26cm x 39cm comes in a posh soft case bit like carrying a laptop and has a massive 800w into 4 ohm output! in excellent condition,

I will be putting up for sale on here shortly. Hope you get what your looking for soon.[/quote]
At 9kg its about the same as the GK, i'm looking for something under 4kg.

cheers