Why become a member? ×

One pimped Squire 'P' bass

peted

Just got this back from Mr Shuker after it has been thoroughly pimped.
[list]
[*]Brass Nut
[*]Jumbo Stainless Steel frets
[*]Tort scratch plate
[*]Badass II bridge
[*]Basslines 1/4 pounder 'P' pickup
[*]Basslines Musicman pickup
[*]Aguilar 3 band pre
[/list]

[quote name='7string' post='85824' date='Nov 9 2007, 10:46 AM']Very cool and I know from experience how good Jon's repair/modification work is.

Makes you wonder why Fender doesn't just sell a bass with this sort of spec.....[/quote]

Precision Deluxe isn't far off... apart from having the god-awful Fender EQ in it.

This was my first bass which my parents bought for me about 12 years ago. I wasn't getting the use out of it as I'm not bowled over by the 'P' sound. I couldn't part with it either for nostalgic reasons. My inspiration actually came from the Sandberg California series and the Precision Deluxe mentioned earlier which I saw the bassist from the Deftones playing at Download last year. Just thought that the extra bridge pickup would give the added bite and attack which I crave from my sound. I haven't put it down all day today and I can't wait to debut it at my next gig.

I'm sure the work would not be far off what it would have cost to flog the bass and buy one of the discounted Sandbergs at the Bass Centre. Certainly a LOT cheaper than trying to get my hands on an Precision Deluxe.

Edited by peted

[quote name='peted' post='85786' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:02 AM']Just got this back from Mr Shuker after it has been thoroughly pimped.
[list]
[*]Brass Nut
[*]Jumbo Stainless Steel frets
[*]Tort scratch plate
[*]Badass II bridge
[*]Basslines 1/4 pounder 'P' pickup
[*]Basslines Musicman pickup
[*]Aguilar 3 band pre
[/list][/quote]

which model Squier was the basis of this beauty? the Vintage Modified P?

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='86279' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:39 PM']which model Squier was the basis of this beauty? the Vintage Modified P?[/quote]
No, just a stock 1991 Japanese Squire Precision, around the time they moved Squire production to Korea.