Why become a member? ×

Gear, here.

Wil

Here's my current lot.

Ibanez ATK 300 - my main bass. Stringray tone, plays wonderfully, built like a tank, and cost about £250. Bargain.

Tech 21 Landmark 300 head - best amp ever, fact. Tube sounds without the weight, price or hassle.

Schroeder 1212L 4ohm cab - one hand lift, loud as I'll ever need, sounds great.

Fretless parts P - mighty mite neck, encore body (from my first bass, sentimental value), dimarzio P and Aaron Armstrong soapbar pups, John East BTB01 preamp.

Hohner B2A, strung with tapewounds. My "keep by the sofa in case I want to plonk about in front of the TV" bass.

Warmoth thinline strat - chambered ash body, birdseye maple neck, schaller locking tuners, SD Invader pickup. I love this guitar to bits.

Norman B18 cedar topped acoustic, tuned in D standard (prefer this tuning on acoustics for playing blues, easier bends!). I also love this guitar to bits!

Note the high tech string height adjustment spacers, which are necessary due to the height adjustment grubs screws siezing in the £5 bent bit of cheese bridge. That's a whole 10p worth of mods, right there.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='780524' date='Mar 20 2010, 09:50 AM']Black headstock and nut would just complete the stealth fretless. :ph34r:[/quote]

This bass did once have a black Status graphite neck with black hipshot tuners. The neck was worth vastly more than the bass though so eventually got sold on, not to mention the fact that it made the bass sound a bit muddy - last thing you'd expect a graphite neck to do, but horses for courses I guess!

He had one of the 700s I think with the neck J pup. I really recommend them, I love mine. Chunky neck, but more rounded and more comfortable than a P neck IMO. It's almost like a rounder Warwick neck.

[quote name='cetera' post='783396' date='Mar 23 2010, 01:29 PM']Those Tech21 heads are superb.... NICE! :)[/quote]

Too right! Wipes the floor with the Markbass I used to have, this thing has warmth, bottom, and tubey grind in bucketloads!

Edited by Wil