Why become a member? ×

For ProgRock fans....a US band from the 70's you may have missed...

cetera

[size=3][u][b]AMBROSIA[/b][/u][/size]

I've always loved this band ever since I was introduced to their music by Tiran Porter (original bassist of 'The Doobie Brothers').

They never really made an impact over here... but they were/are stunning musicians/singers/lyricists/songwriters and for me they are right up there with Rush, Kansas etc for their 70's output.

Here's some recent film of their old tunes performed exclusiverly for the Drum Channel. The bassist is one of my all time favourite players, Joe Puerta (who also plays with Bruce Horsby).... and he has a beautiful feel/touch in his playing which I would be thrilled if I ever came close to...

I'm sure they're new to most of you.... but I hope you can appreciate their talent :)

So, enjoy 'AMBROSIA'! :rolleyes:

Nice, Nice Very Nice

Somewhere I've Never Travelled

Time Waits For NoOne

Life Beyond LA

Wow, nice to find another Ambrosia fan here and thanks for posting these clips.
I have the 'Life Beyond L.A.' album, too. Also have 'Road Island' (1982) with the excellent cover art by Ralph Steadman.
I've always considered David Pack to be a hugely under-appreciated vocalist.
I remember seeing something on TV years ago with him, Michael McDonald and (I think) Amy Irving working out some harmonies in the studio. Lovely stuff! :)
Interesting to also see Joe Puerta using the X-Factor bass. You'll probably know another of my faves, Kenny Gradney/Little Feat, is big on these.

[quote name='Stingray5' post='779812' date='Mar 19 2010, 02:22 PM']Wow, nice to find another Ambrosia fan here and thanks for posting these clips.
I have the 'Life Beyond L.A.' album, too. Also have 'Road Island' (1982) with the excellent cover art by Ralph Steadman.
I've always considered David Pack to be a hugely under-appreciated vocalist.
I remember seeing something on TV years ago with him, Michael McDonald and (I think) Amy Irving working out some harmonies in the studio. Lovely stuff! :)
Interesting to also see Joe Puerta using the X-Factor bass. You'll probably know another of my faves, Kenny Gradney/Little Feat, is big on these.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply mate.... I thought I was all alone in my appreciation of this band! I really recommend you purchase their other 3 albums - Ambrosia, Somehwere I've Never Travelled & One Eighty..... classics one & all :rolleyes:

Yep, nice to hear such a great tone from his X-Factor & a simple Hartke rig... :lol:
Kenny Gradney is great.... with the aforementioned Joe Puerta & Tiran Porter, Peter Cetera, Dee Murray etc he's one of my faves!

[quote name='cetera' post='779923' date='Mar 19 2010, 03:53 PM']Thanks for the reply mate.... I thought I was all alone in my appreciation of this band! I really recommend you purchase their other 3 albums - Ambrosia, Somehwere I've Never Travelled & One Eighty..... classics one & all :)

Yep, nice to hear such a great tone from his X-Factor & a simple Hartke rig... :rolleyes:
Kenny Gradney is great.... with the aforementioned Joe Puerta & Tiran Porter, Peter Cetera, Dee Murray etc he's one of my faves![/quote]
Thanks, I think I will check out the other three you mention (not sure how I missed 'em first time around).
Mind you, I'll check out if they're still around on vinyl anywhere as the other two Ambrosia albums I have are part of my vinyl collection.

Glad to be of service..... :)

Not sure how this band flew under the radar as I'm sure they'd be very popular with fans of everything from Steely Dan - Doobie Brothers - Kansas - Yes - Alan Parsons Project etc etc

Enjoy, one and all :rolleyes: