Why become a member? ×

Fender Road Worn Jazz Fiesta Red approx 3 weeks old SOLD!!!!!

Ok, this turned out to be an unsuccessful buy for me, bought approx 3 weeks ago brand new. Great bass, the nearest Jazz I've played (and I've played a lot) to the genuine '64 that was in the Gallery last year, and that was over £4k. As many will know I don't usually go a bundle on Jazz basses but this is as nice a one as I've played and really does capture that vintage vibe. I was sold on the looks, general feel and vintage-style tone; there's a certain job that Jazzes do very well (JPJ and Gary Thain for me!) and I fancied one in my arsenal. I a/b-d this against another Road Worn and this was far better. Sadly I convinced myself to ignore the issues I have with the forearm contour on Fenders, but a very painful rehearsal tonight, whatever height I played the bass at, has convinced me of the error of my ways and so I'm parting with it only 3 weeks in. My loss means someone will get a virtually new bass (that has been confirmed to have no issues!) at a knock-down price.

Re the "no issues" thing above; when I bought it and got it home it turned out there was an issue with the trussrod, which was maxed out. It immediately went back to Fender who changed the neck and did a full set up (and apparently a light fret dress) on it. Everything is fine now; neck straight as a die.

Comes with gigbag & documents (which haven't even been opened).

Looking for £699 firm, and not really looking for trades with the possible exception of something interesting Rickenbacker-wise (with cash difference from me).

Here are some pics:

Edited by 4000

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='777039' date='Mar 17 2010, 09:30 AM']Ha ha Clarky!

If I had the money atm I'd probably have a punt at this one but sadly today is not the moment :)

Best of luck with the sale, 4000 :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thanks OTPJ! Bad timing as usual on my part..... :lol:

Unfortunately i do not have the funds. But can i be the first to ask if this is as new condition? lol

[quote name='4000' post='776804' date='Mar 16 2010, 11:20 PM']Ok, this turned out to be an unsuccessful buy for me, bought approx 3 weeks ago brand new. Great bass, the nearest Jazz I've played (and I've played a lot) to the genuine '64 that was in the Gallery last year, and that was over £4k. As many will know I don't usually go a bundle on Jazz basses but this is as nice a one as I've played and really does capture that vintage vibe. I was sold on the looks, general feel and vintage-style tone; there's a certain job that Jazzes do very well (JPJ and Gary Thain for me!) and I fancied one in my arsenal. I a/b-d this against another Road Worn and this was far better. Sadly I convinced myself to ignore the issues I have with the forearm contour on Fenders, but a very painful rehearsal tonight, whatever height I played the bass at, has convinced me of the error of my ways and so I'm parting with it only 3 weeks in. My loss means someone will get a virtually new bass (that has been confirmed to have no issues!) at a knock-down price.

Re the "no issues" thing above; when I bought it and got it home it turned out there was an issue with the trussrod, which was maxed out. It immediately went back to Fender who changed the neck and did a full set up (and apparently a light fret dress) on it. Everything is fine now; neck straight as a die.

Comes with gigbag & documents (which haven't even been opened).

Looking for £699 firm, and not really looking for trades with the possible exception of something interesting Rickenbacker-wise (with cash difference from me).

Here are some pics:

[/quote]

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='777521' date='Mar 17 2010, 03:19 PM']Unfortunately i do not have the funds. But can i be the first to ask if this is as new condition? lol[/quote]
Clearly not, there's a small dint on the headstock. Some people :)

Guest BassKS

Awesome, beautiful, reminds me of Clarkys bad boy Nash which I was salivating over for a few weeks. But then, Ich bin ein poor-man.

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='777571' date='Mar 17 2010, 03:54 PM']What will the second hand market be like for these at retail stores? Reckon we'll ever see one? New Old Stock? Relic'd Relics? Relic'd Roadworns? When will it end?[/quote]

Got a bass from Shaun recently ,great guy to deal with...best of luck with the sale.........................John

I am loving the look of this, very nice, if it is still around by the weekend the man from Del Monte might say yes.

Pity Fender didnt add a "roadworn" ashtray and thumb rest to this, would have looked superb.

Edited by basskit_case

[quote name='haimesy' post='777605' date='Mar 17 2010, 04:21 PM']Got a bass from Shaun recently ,great guy to deal with...best of luck with the sale.........................John[/quote]

Cheers John (who's also a great guy to deal with). Let me know what you're up to!

Maybe next they'll do Relics with complimentary touch-up kits. :)

[quote name='BassKS' post='777558' date='Mar 17 2010, 03:45 PM']Awesome, beautiful, reminds me of Clarkys bad boy Nash which I was salivating over for a few weeks. But then, Ich bin ein poor-man.[/quote] Oh, THAT Nash! Y'know, I played a RW Jazz against the Fender £2.3k custom shop '64 reissue and, pound 4 pound, preferred the Mexi. I had £2k+ at the time but didnt like the CS yet still had the old-skool Mexi predudice. Did u gen not like it?

[quote name='Stacker' post='778904' date='Mar 18 2010, 05:50 PM']Y'know, I played a RW Jazz against the Fender £2.3k custom shop '64 reissue and, pound 4 pound, preferred the Mexi.[/quote]

I've done the same. This smokes the CS Jazz I played (although that looked unreal; relic'd LPB with matching headstock. Yum.). Now sold to a very nice man!!!!!