Why become a member? ×

CMI Rickenbacker copy FS/FT

bassbloke

Hello,

I'm posting on behalf of a good friend of mine. It's a CMI Rickenbacker copy in natural finish. It's in great condition, albeit currently hampered by a set of ancient flatwound strings, that will be swiftly replaced with medium guage roundwound should bass sell.

My friend is a guitarist and really just needs a perfectly useable bass for home recordings.

He'd like to trade this bass for something like an Ibanez soundgear, Shecter, Dean 4 string plus some cash. It doesn;t have to be the world greatest bass, but he would like around £200 on top.

Anyone interested?

[attachment=44805:Cmi_bass_1.jpg]
[attachment=44806:Cmi_bass_2.jpg]
[attachment=44807:photo.jpg]

[quote name='Bassassin' post='774815' date='Mar 14 2010, 11:49 PM']That's very, very nice - looks in exceptional condition for its age. Any pics of the back?

Yes, this is neck through. I'd do a straight swap for an MIJ 1990 Ibanez SR800LE. Maybe.

Jon.[/quote]

I've asked him for a indication of what his sale price would be and he's getting some additional photos and details of any knocks, etc... I played it the other week and it is in fantastic condition, but then I don't think it's ever left his house.

I think a P bass of some sort (Tokai, Mex Fender, etc...) plus cash would be perfect for him.

A couple more pics attached. As you can see, it also has stereo outputs. It comes with a hardcase, but the previous owner chopped a bit off the end of the case because of the size of the headstock. Sounds like it might even be in a guitar case judging by that.

Cash price would be £400 firm.

[attachment=44835:IMG_2204.JPG]
[attachment=44837:IMG_2207.JPG]

[quote name='bassbloke' post='775393' date='Mar 15 2010, 04:47 PM']A couple more pics attached. As you can see, it also has stereo outputs. It comes with a hardcase, but the previous owner chopped a bit off the end of the case because of the size of the headstock. Sounds like it might even be in a guitar case judging by that.

Cash price would be £400 firm.

[attachment=44835:IMG_2204.JPG]
[attachment=44837:IMG_2207.JPG][/quote]

Would he be interested in my Steinberger Double neck? Since he plays guitar and bass like me.

• 2 weeks later...