Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Pedulla Pentabuzz Fretless 5 String, 5AAAAA Solid Flame Maple.

Shockwave

I am somewhat bored at the moment with fretless and not playing it at the moment, so decided to put this up and see what trade offers i get :)

[size=3][b]Description[/b][/size]

Here we have a fantastic example of a Pedulla Pentabuzz 5 String. I have had the bass for nearly 2 years now and its been a joy to play. I have never had a problem with it, smooth to play. Made in the USA around the year 2000.

[size=3][b]Specification[/b]
[/size]
This example is a Dark Cherry red burst with minimal yellow. Premium 5AAAAA Solid Flame maple body, with maple neck, bare ebony fingerboard, Premium bartolini pickups and NMTB 2 band bart pre-amp. Pedulla/ABM branded hardware. Hardware is all Gold. 19MM String spacing, 34\" scale.

The bass also includes a Pedulla hardcase.

[size=3][b]Functionality[/b][/size]

The electronics, Jack socket and truss rod has no issues whatsoever and are fully functional. The neck is straight as an arrow.

[size=3][b]Playability[/b] [/size]

This bass is setup for me personally, this is a very personal unique setup which some people may not like, this includes an incredibly low action, ultra light stainless steel strings (110-30) which are tuned B to G. However the bass has plenty of leeway in truss rod adjustment and Bridge saddle adjustment so the new owner can personalise the bass with their own setup with NO problems. This is THE best fretless i have ever played and probably the best fretless made currently.

[size=3][b]Sounds[/b][/size]

The soapbar bartolinis are a good mix of burpy Ken Smith sound, to a upright woody neck pickup sounds. Its a quality setup, much preferable IMO to the P-J version.

[size=3][b]Condition[/b][/size]

The bass is near perfect in all particulars. Not much to note. Very very VERY minor fretwear.

[size=3][b]Price/Trades[/b][/size]

£1350

Straight trades: NONE

Part Exchange (With cash my way) Fender USA Deluxe 5\'s in Montego black Plus cash/1X Musicman 5 string plus cash/Gibson Grabber plus cash/

[size=3][b]Delivery[/b][/size]

I can offer a hand delivered service to your nearest major train station for the same price as postage would have cost, however this offer is only available to people willing to meet within 200 miles of Bristol.

You can also pick up the bass locally in Bristol. Where you can try it out through my Ampeg/Trace/Barefaced rig.

I can post nationally or internationally, buyer pays all costs.

[size=3][b]Other information[/b][/size]

The Pedulla requires a special truss rod tool, which can be bought from mansons in Exeter online and any other Pedulla dealer. I only have one and require it for my fretted Pedulla. However if needed i can demonstrate that the truss rod works 100% in this bass using my tool before purchase.

If you require any other information or specific photos of the bass, please let me know either by PM or my E-mail address [email protected], My number is also available for serious buyers.

[size=3][b]Photos: Any white marks are either dust or light reflections, no dings or missing paint here![/b][/size]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Shockwave' post='794329' date='Apr 2 2010, 02:54 PM']I have just found someone to re-polyester the fingerboard.[/quote]

Who? I have found people that will do an epoxy finish on a fretboard, but I don't think that that is the same as the type of hard polyester finish on a buzz board.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='evoman' post='795145' date='Apr 3 2010, 05:26 PM']Who? I have found people that will do an epoxy finish on a fretboard, but I don't think that that is the same as the type of hard polyester finish on a buzz board.[/quote]

John Shuker.

Its a crying shame but i have to relist this. I need a 5 string fretted, and nothing is grabbing me at the price point i currently have, So i am not selling this outright or trading for 5 strings only, with Musicmans with maple fingerboards much preffered.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='826716' date='May 3 2010, 06:48 PM']Really dissapointed in lack of offers/response on this, if anyone spots a problem or has a suggestion, please pm me :)[/quote]

I agree! Been watching this since it went up. It's truely beautiful. I don't think there's any problem with the listing or the price... Just te Market place at the mo.

Bump for an awesome bass!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='826757' date='May 3 2010, 07:20 PM']I agree! Been watching this since it went up. It's truely beautiful. I don't think there's any problem with the listing or the price... Just te Market place at the mo.

Bump for an awesome bass![/quote]

I guess! I just remember how popular 5 string fretlesses were a couple of years ago. :)