Why become a member? ×

Wizard 84 Jazz pickups £45 posted

Hi I bought these a month ago to put on my 73 Jazz (replacing some horrid EMGs). You can see them in situ on the pics of the Jazz in the link below in my sig. They only stayed on for a few weeks as- to my surprise - I managed to track down the original Fender pickups. The Gallery just installed the originals so I now have a set of Wizard 84s that are surplus to requirements.

The pickups are in immaculate condition and have full length wires (albeit with blobs of solder on the end). The only things missing are the screws as I needed these for the original pickups (the seller had lost the '73 screws).

How about £45 posted, versus £70 new?

[url="http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/shop.asp?category=Bass&sub=Jazz"]http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/shop.asp?ca...ss&sub=Jazz[/url] Bass

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='The Burpster' post='768466' date='Mar 8 2010, 08:28 PM']Do you still hve the EMGs.....?

:rolleyes:[/quote]
Afraid not, Burp. I put them in the Wizard box and Mrs Clarky thought it was rubbish .... you can guess the rest :)

[quote name='Sibob' post='768676' date='Mar 8 2010, 11:15 PM']Where did you find the originals Clarky? I wanna get some for my '73 lol.[/quote]

Hey Si. The eBayer I bought the Jazz from got in contact with the guy he bought the bass from years ago and found out that the prior owner had kept the original pickups on a bitsa fretless. So I offered some dosh and voila! The numbers underneath the pickups match the year of the bass (1973) so I have no reason to doubt they are not the originals.

He also had the original bridge but - as I had already bought a replacement period bridge fom Bass Doc - I passed it on to Happy Jack who now has it on his vintage 70s Jazz.

Bit of a result!

Anyway, bump for the Wizards which are great sounding Jazz drop-ins :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='768986' date='Mar 9 2010, 10:42 AM']Noooooooo

*sobs*[/quote]
Its fastest finger first in this game, he who dares wins and .... errrr ... any other game-related cliche I can think of :)