Why become a member? ×

Gone! 1984 Warwick Streamer Stage I , Number 196

spacecowboy

[color="#FF0000"][size=5]New sale price of £950.
[/size][/color]

Still Considering Trades.

If this doesn't sell here i think i'm sending this to the gallery for a fret job and refinished in all over white gloss!

Hi All,

[s]:) I'm not mad don't worry, but i do have the opportunity to buy a dream bass of mine and i need to let this beautiful girl go before i grow to attached to it and so my bank balance doesn't suddenly look scary after another big money drop.[/s]

*Edit* I passed the other bass up but thought i would put this back up to see whats out there i can do a sale or will entertain trades, specifically looking for a fretted bass as the fretless is fun to play its not terribly practical for my live work and studio work.

I bought this Warwick a few months ago from Germany from a private collector and its an incredible example, all original and for a 26 year old bass is as good a condition as you'd want to find.

The model itself is an early Streamer Stage I NS Design, with the old Spector style headstock stamped number 196, it was handmade in approximately 1984 perhaps earlier, certainly manufactured before the Ned Steinberger and Spector legal battle where Warwick were made to print Licensed by Ned Steinberger and Spector on their control plates and Truss Rod covers.

All hardware is original, featuring brass nut and brass bridge with gold control knobs. The body wings are Cherry Wood, and the neck through neck construction is a multi laminate of Wenge and either Cherry or Maple stringers, the blondness of the timber leads me to think its Maple as Cherry is naturally more Honey toned in appearance especially when its this age the finger board is Ebony and is unlined, the bass does feature side dots, the bass features an original EMG Circuit and EMG pickups.

The bass is exceptionally thin and light, i can get an estimated weight if you need it, but it is half the size and weight of my stage II, its seriously light as a feather, please see the pic of the bass on its side to get what i mean.

The bass will come with an original fitted flight case which is seriously heavy duty.

The bass has no complications, neck is straight as an arrow, intonation all over the neck is superb and spot on, no crackle from the input or pots, and the Truss Rod works as you'd expect.

A damn fine example and if my dream bass hadn't just appeared this wouldn't be going.

Looking for £1150 Posted or trades.

I can take any photos you'd like, and invite you to come try the bass, its currently with me in Portsmouth.

Thanks.

Edited by spacecowboy

[quote name='steve-soar' post='768420' date='Mar 8 2010, 08:00 PM']Please make this left handed and I will put the money in your account now.[/quote]

[attachment=44441:Streamer196001.jpg]

There you go, did both. Bank details will be in a PM :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='768420' date='Mar 8 2010, 08:00 PM']Please make this left handed and I will put the money in your account now.[/quote]

[quote name='josh3184' post='768759' date='Mar 9 2010, 02:57 AM'][attachment=44441:Streamer196001.jpg]

There you go, did both. Bank details will be in a PM :)[/quote]

Haha PM not recieved! :rolleyes:

All PM's should have been replied too. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

09.04.10 Bump for a crazy sunny price drop. Just bought another new bass and can't afford to have all these basses kicking around, unforetunately this is the only one i can bring myself to sell just now.

Bass + Original Hardcase + Original Gig Bag = £950 I must be insane.

[quote name='throwoff' post='806850' date='Apr 15 2010, 09:23 AM']Wow, thats all I'm going to say
add me to the list of people who are interested if you wake up tomorow and its suddenly a lefty![/quote]

Haha at this rate i'm going to swap the strings around and re list! :)

Just to quickly say before bed the bass is now on eBay if someone wants to swoop lower than £950? Link is here [url="http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=200461707443&sv=Streamer%20stage%201&emvcc=0"]http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?...201&emvcc=0[/url]

Cheers!

[quote name='spacecowboy' post='807805' date='Apr 15 2010, 11:06 PM']Just to quickly say before bed the bass is now on eBay if someone wants to swoop lower than £950? Link is here [url="http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=200461707443&sv=Streamer%20stage%201&emvcc=0"]http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?...201&emvcc=0[/url]

Cheers![/quote]

What "...pic of the bass on its side"? :)

One of our Euro cousins will most likely snap this up. :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='807816' date='Apr 15 2010, 11:14 PM']What "...pic of the bass on its side"? :)

One of our Euro cousins will most likely snap this up. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ooops it would seem I've not linked that particular photo through! That's a job for the morning! Yeah according to my watch list there's quite a lot of interest on the bay, I'm in reality giving the bloody thing away but needs must and I have to buy a 5 string!! Got my eyes on a super jazz or Dingwall combustion! Hope the bass goes to a good home though I really do!

[quote name='spacecowboy' post='807829' date='Apr 15 2010, 11:21 PM']Ooops it would seem I've not linked that particular photo through! That's a job for the morning! Yeah according to my watch list there's quite a lot of interest on the bay, I'm in reality giving the bloody thing away but needs must and I have to buy a 5 string!! Got my eyes on a super jazz or Dingwall combustion! Hope the bass goes to a good home though I really do![/quote]

If the gravest of your worries is a 'good home' there's always room at Chateau Hunt! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry, one of our Euro cousins will take advantage of the depleted £. :)