Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Vintage Fender stuff & more

Hi folks

I've now sorted my fretless needs (http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54801&st=20), which means I have two '70s Fender fretless necks to go. There's a few other things listed also: I'll post pics tomorrow. All prices are delivered to UK. All prices reflect either age, originality or both, and either way are lower than they'd be on eBay. Comments are of course welcome, but be prepared for a robust defence!

Trade wise I'm open to offers but I'm especially after a tubey/valvey pedal/DI at present. WHYG?

Pics below, I'll post better and individual pics later

[attachment=44467:CIMG0620.JPG][attachment=44465:CIMG0576.JPG][attachment=44466:CIMG0577.JPG]
[attachment=44464:CIMG0575.JPG][attachment=44463:CIMG0573.JPG][attachment=44460:CIMG0566.JPG]
[attachment=44461:CIMG0572.JPG][attachment=44554:PIC_0036.jpg]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1978 Precision fretless neck. B-width. Maple board. Originally made by Mr Corry. Recently overhauled by Martin Simms. Perfect 10/10 condition. £350 SOLD PENDING

1973 Jazz fretless neck. A width. Bound rosewood board. Original tuners. Originally maple fretted, modified a long time ago. Recently overhauled by Paul Herman. 9/10 condition. Stunning neck to play and to look at! By far the fastest fretless neck I've owned. Made by Mr Torres so what would you expect! £400 SOLD

1973 Fender neckplate, backplate & original screws (with F & stamped serial number). £50

1978 Fender neckplate, backplate & original screws (with F stamp) £25 SOLD PENDING

1973 Fender strap buttons & original screws. £20 SOLD

Early 70's Jazz ashtrays (bridge & PUP). £75 SOLD

Fender Precision ashtrays (bridge & PUP). No idea of age. £30. SOLD

1979 Fender Precision PUP. £100 SOLD

1980s Jim Cairns split coil Jazz PUP (bridge). £20 SOLD

Fender Reggie Hamilton Jazz Bass pickguard (P-PUP). Tort. New. £20

After-market Jazz pickguard to fit Fender MIA and similar. 1 x Black, 1 x Tort. Both new. £15 each

After-market Precision pickguard to fit Fender MIA. Used. Black. £15 (no pic as yet)

After-market Precision pickguard to fit Fender '57 reissue. New. Black. £20 (no pic as yet)

Fender '57 RI pickguard (anodised gold). Used. £20

Gotoh Fender replacement bridge (model 203B-4 - looks like vintage Fender but much more solid/heavy). New. £20 SOLD

Hiscox Liteflite hard case. Fender fit. Perfect condition. £50 SOLD

2 x Bass Fatfinger. £15 each SOLD

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='768261' date='Mar 8 2010, 05:40 PM']Are the fretless necks lined or unlined?[/quote]

I'm guessing the maple will have faint lines as it was originally fretted. The P one is unlined I think. I'm sure Chris will be along soon to clarify!

[quote name='Moos3h' post='768240' date='Mar 8 2010, 05:25 PM']I'd have the case if there's a way we could engineer a meetup? Do you head over hertfordshire way at all matey?[/quote]

Hiya mate, you're in luck as I travel up to Berkamsted once per week. Happy to meet between you and there?

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='768261' date='Mar 8 2010, 05:40 PM']Are the fretless necks lined or unlined?[/quote]

Both unlined

[quote name='Higgie' post='768377' date='Mar 8 2010, 07:26 PM']I'm guessing the maple will have faint lines as it was originally fretted. The P one is unlined I think. I'm sure Chris will be along soon to clarify![/quote]

Higgie mate, for once you're wrong! The maple is a factory unlined fretless. I'd like to say rare, but in the 70's they weren't especially so. However, having owned three such necks in the past I can say with some confidence that they're rarely in as good condition as this, Martin Simms did a great recon, it will have years of playing in it before it'll need any work, even with rounds.

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='768802' date='Mar 9 2010, 07:53 AM']Higgie mate, for once you're wrong! The maple is a factory unlined fretless. I'd like to say rare, but in the 70's they weren't especially so. However, having owned three such necks in the past I can say with some confidence that they're rarely in as good condition as this, Martin Simms did a great recon, it will have years of playing in it before it'll need any work, even with rounds.

Chris[/quote]

Ah! That'll teach me not to read properly. Where I saw you say it was originally maple fretted on the jazz, I didn't realise you'd had the fingerboard replaced too :)

[quote name='TPJ' post='769247' date='Mar 9 2010, 01:59 PM']PM'd[/quote]

[quote name='Moos3h' post='769275' date='Mar 9 2010, 02:26 PM']That'd work - perhaps meet at the legendary Jarman Park in Hemel? All the fast food, bowling and fighting you can eat/play/take!

Feel free to PM me when you're next about?

Cheers,
James[/quote]

Both replied

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Delberthot' post='779993' date='Mar 19 2010, 04:46 PM']oh man, what a time to be without cash when there's a maple fretless neck going.

bugger, can't see this being around by the time I have the cash[/quote]

LOL, you're about the fifth person to say just that! I'm happy to consider trades also?

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='780010' date='Mar 19 2010, 04:58 PM']LOL, you're about the fifth person to say just that! I'm happy to consider trades also?

Chris[/quote]

I have a kidney in reasonable condition :)

Alas I only have my Epiphone Les Paul bass and Boss ODB3 to offer in trade at present. I pretty much cleared everything else out a couple of months ago