Why become a member? ×

Deleted.

Stacker

This is a serious feeler for the above two basses. Again, something's come on the market and I may not get a pop at it again, so...

[size=4][b]1973 Rick 4001 FG[/b][/size]
Wavy Grover keys
Non-full-width inlays
Cheq binding
Toaster front pup
Rear pup has adjustable pole-pieces
Original black RIC case
Bit of buckle-rash and a few scratches, given its age
Minimal tail-lift

[size=4][b]Fender Japan non-export '60s Jazz[/b][/size]
Factory black with matching headstock and gold 'Fender' only logo.
Bound neck
Non-original Black hardware, apart from jack socket nut
Non-original mint green plate
Non-original Hopshot Lollipop keys
Japanese Hot Rod pickups
No case

I also have for sale:-

Fender Squier Modified lined fretless Jazz with gold plate hardware and Wilkie bridge
Danelectro Longhorn guitar, 3 pups, in burgundy

Please email me if anyone's interested in those.

TBH, I'd rather not sell the '73 and am nervous as f*** just thinking about listing it. That said, I'd rather sell kit here as I will never sell on ebay again due to being stung twice in a month by malicous bidders

So, any Qs, fire away, but please understand the sale of the Jap Jazz and '73 are not yet set in stone; this is just a feeler. Having said that, I'm still hunting for a V63 and if anyone is parting with one, left me know. No fat necks, though. Basses, that is!

One last point: if any of these go to sale, overseas buyers [i]must[/i] arrange their own courier and insurance!

Edited by Stacker

Re the Rick - I'm not sure, yet. It's 100% original and has the rare-as-hens' screw poles on the rear pup and you will understand the difference adjustable poles make on a Ricky, given the string imbalances we all hear about or have experienced. Nice, straight, correctly adjusted neck, too; no issues. Strung with .040-.095s.

I'd rarther put this to PM offers than state a price. A respectable ebayer in Avon has one up there on da 'bay for £2250 as a start but I'm not sure that I could state that as a start, with all due respect.

The bound Jazz - I'm looking for offers around the £600 mark. including UK freight. Insurance will be optional and additional to that if required.

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='supabock' post='767105' date='Mar 7 2010, 05:54 PM']Dont forum rules state that you should give a price ather than rely on PM's??[/quote]

I don't know? Ok, if that's the case then I withdraw the PM request. Sorry, my ignorance.

I dunno what to post the '73 at, that's the thing! It's one of my several 'investment yet playable' guitars, ie vintage and non-pristine. I'm really nervous about floating this but I cannot see me wanting more than £2K for it; much more than that seems a bit unrealistic. Will see what they're going for on Gbase. That said, I know they'll be stupid prices.

[quote name='Stacker' post='767170' date='Mar 7 2010, 06:54 PM']I dunno what to post the '73 at, that's the thing! It's one of my several 'investment yet playable' guitars, ie vintage and non-pristine. I'm really nervous about floating this but I cannot see me wanting more than £2K for it; much more than that seems a bit unrealistic. Will see what they're going for on Gbase. That said, I know they'll be stupid prices.[/quote]
Staker,
At the end of the day its a feeler, and until the bass is sold at an acceptable price to you, its still a feeler. If you are so stressed about the price and putting it on offer or even selling it, do some research, get your prices right and come back to us.... its not like we are all going to hold you to a price on your bass and seek you out if you pull out of the sale.....
You will also find that people on this forum will soon tell you if you are underselling, and that should reassure you that fair is fair....

Go for it, you have nothing to loose

Steve

[quote name='supabock' post='767316' date='Mar 7 2010, 09:14 PM']Staker,
At the end of the day its a feeler, and until the bass is sold at an acceptable price to you, its still a feeler. If you are so stressed about the price and putting it on offer or even selling it, do some research, get your prices right and come back to us.... its not like we are all going to hold you to a price on your bass and seek you out if you pull out of the sale.....
You will also find that people on this forum will soon tell you if you are underselling, and that should reassure you that fair is fair....

Go for it, you have nothing to loose

Steve[/quote]
+1

Points taken, above.

It's just that the '73 was one of the 'never sell' brigade. I'd rather, along with the Jazz, sell a few Telecasters but everytime I look at them I just can't bring myslef to do it. And, in any case, I won't go near ebay for selling ever again due to the nut-jobs that surf that site.

I haven't heard back from the guy about the other instrument that's coming on the market; when I do, it'll determine whether these two go live or not. Will keep you posted.

What's weird about it, chief? I think it's pretty clear it was a feeler which, at the same time, highlighted my nervousness of parting with the '73.

As I stated in my last post, the bass I was sniffing around has gone, thus the '73 and the Jap Jazz are no longer for sale.