Why become a member? ×

WILL SELL ON EBAY! Music Man Stingray 5 H 3eq w/ Matching Headstock

theosd

This bass is a beauty but having bought a Schecter which does what I want so much better it's just sitting there doing nothing. It's got new strings on it, comes with a faux suede strap and straplocks and a (slightly battered) musicman hardcase. I will consider a cash only deal for £[b]800[/b].

I'm based in Medway, Kent, and am cool if you wanna come and play it through my MarkBass CMD 121H. I am willing to listen to any (sensible) offers.

[b]EDIT:[/b] I've taken a few new pictures and upon closer examination there is a light touch of buckle rash and a couple of hairline cracks appearing from behind the scratch-plate, so I've adjusted my valuation to match (see above).

Have recently been approached for a project which would suit a fretless/eub/upright/hollowbody type sound, so any trade offers which hit those nails on the head are most welcome.

[b]EDIT 2:[/b]You can hear how this bass sounds at [url="http://www.myspace.com/aliquotflow"]my old band's myspace[/url] in the tracks "Between Us" & "Do This Well" (both mastered, bass strung with flats through my MarkBass CMD 121H) and "Leading The Followers" (home recording, strung with rounds, same amp, using Sansamp Comptortion pedal).

I've seen something I want so it may well be that I put this on eBay (yikes!) next month.

I would prefer cash on collection but will ship at the buyer's cost and will deliver within, say, a 50 mile radius of Chatham.

Also, more pics added!

[b]EDIT 3 (and final... probably)[/b]: I really have seen something I must have and so am offering this bass for £750 via cash or paypal (arrange your own courier) so long as you can pay me by tomorrow noon and I will remove from eBay! Otherwise it's up for auction I'm afraid!

Edited by theosd

[quote name='Mike' post='767545' date='Mar 8 2010, 08:09 AM']What sort of trades would you be interested in?[/quote]

Any top gear - I've a thing for orange amps at the moment! I would also be very interested in anything upright or eub.

Always fancied owning a Warwick too.

[quote name='theosd' post='767074' date='Mar 7 2010, 05:31 PM']This bass is a beauty but having bought a Schecter which does what I want so much better it's just sitting there doing nothing. It's got new strings on it, comes with a faux suede strap and straplocks and a (slightly battered) musicman hardcase. If there are no acceptable trade offers I might consider a cash only deal but due to the rare nature of the bass (being as it is with a matching headstock) I'd be looking for £850. It's in great condition with a few minor dings but nothing which penetrates past the lacquer.

I'm based in Medway, Kent. I am willing to listen to any (sensible) offers but this is just a feeler as I'm not desperate to offload it, it's a superb example.[/quote]
Hi there, did you buy this one off me I live in Belvedere, kent ??

[quote name='theosd' post='767074' date='Mar 7 2010, 05:31 PM']This bass is a beauty but having bought a Schecter which does what I want so much better it's just sitting there doing nothing. It's got new strings on it, comes with a faux suede strap and straplocks and a (slightly battered) musicman hardcase. If there are no acceptable trade offers I might consider a cash only deal but due to the rare nature of the bass (being as it is with a matching headstock) I'd be looking for £850. It's in great condition with a few minor dings but nothing which penetrates past the lacquer.

I'm based in Medway, Kent. I am willing to listen to any (sensible) offers but this is just a feeler as I'm not desperate to offload it, it's a superb example.[/quote]
I got a yamaha attitudeII ,the billy sheehan signature model ,over £1500 new if your interested, I think you may have bought this off me a couple a years ago, It has a chip on the upper part of the body??

mark in Belvedere

[quote name='fluffo' post='768341' date='Mar 8 2010, 06:58 PM']I got a yamaha attitudeII ,the billy sheehan signature model ,over £1500 new if your interested, I think you may have bought this off me a couple a years ago, It has a chip on the upper part of the body??

mark in Belvedere[/quote]

Yes that's the very one! It's served me well but the schecter just does a lot of things better. It's much lighter for a start!
Not really into those yammies, bit too 'rock', ya know?

Edited by theosd

[quote name='Mike' post='777248' date='Mar 17 2010, 12:25 PM']Warwick Corvette 6?[/quote]

Perhaps should have stipulated: I look silly playing a corvette as they're quite small-bodied. That's my main hang-up about warwicks. Streamers are good though. And 6 strings are too!

[quote name='Mike' post='777833' date='Mar 17 2010, 07:13 PM']That's a shame, I don't think the bodies are ridiculously small! Would you like a pic emailed or shall I leave it?[/quote]

Go for it, it might sway me!