Why become a member? ×

WILL SELL ON EBAY! Music Man Stingray 5 H 3eq w/ Matching Headstock

theosd

[quote name='theosd' post='777805' date='Mar 17 2010, 06:55 PM']Bump for updated photos![/quote]
This is a great bass, I imported this one from the states and sold it on to this guy via ebay a couple of years ago, shame he wants more for it than what I sold it for. otherwise I would have back.
But a lovely bass never the less, you will not be disappointed!!!

[quote name='fluffo' post='778397' date='Mar 18 2010, 11:02 AM']This is a great bass, I imported this one from the states and sold it on to this guy via ebay a couple of years ago, shame he wants more for it than what I sold it for. otherwise I would have back.
But a lovely bass never the less, you will not be disappointed!!![/quote]

>> Cringe << I think they call that damning with faint praise :)

[quote name='throwoff' post='778340' date='Mar 18 2010, 10:05 AM']haha typical just told him about it and he gone and booked a holiday giving up on finding one at this price.

Oh well

Good luck with it![/quote]

Cheers anyway!

Just picked up and played this tonight. It sounds the nuts. "Ballsy" is an understatement! The Rosewood fingerboard gives it scope for a more refined 'ray tone too but the 3eq (especially in terms of the beautifully voiced mids) really lets you cut loose!

However... I'm keen to move this on as there's far too much other stuff I want to try, so have removed the feeler status and am now offering it for a straight up hard cash sale at £800. I'd rather it was collected from Kent but would be willing to travel within reason to assist in getting this out of my sight before I get attached again!

I will still consider trades!

Edited by theosd

[quote name='Mike' post='780206' date='Mar 19 2010, 08:47 PM']Theo, did you get my email with pic? Presume your Small Body theory is still unbusted![/quote]

Yeah to be fair I think I got confused between 'vettes and thumbs... Easy mistake - both sexy!

It's still on my radar (I haven't deleted your email yet - it's how I work, give me time :))

A new project has come up however which really suits a hollowbody/fretless/eub/upright style thing, so I'm gonna be a pain in the ass and hold off making any decision until a better suited offer comes along!

Sorry for my inherently pedantic nature,
Theo.

You can hear soundclips of this bass in action on my [url="http://www.myspace.com/aliquotflow"]old band's myspace[/url]. The tracks it's used on are Do This Well, Between Us (both recorded with flats) and a home recording of Leading the Followers (on which I used my comptortion pedal also).

Cheers.

Edited by theosd

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='784251' date='Mar 24 2010, 12:56 AM']It is the best finish I've seen on a Stingray 5, I prefer the rosewood also - more depth!! Semi Acoustic Fretless Bass with Lines (preferably ebony board) sounds like my idea of heaven...[/quote]

Yeah sounds like a good'un.

Anyway I've done it. Was getting nowhere with this and as it's reached well over 1000 views I've gone and listed in on weebay.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Musicman-Stingray-5H-3eq-w-Matching-Headstock_W0QQitemZ190383308000QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item2c53babce0#ht_500wt_975"]Good luck![/url]

[quote name='martthebass' post='785109' date='Mar 24 2010, 08:28 PM']Amazed this hasn't gone yet. I had a 2002 model in the exact same pg/colour/headstock combo. Only sold it because I was old and foolish.[/quote]

Yeah I'm a little perturbed myself! Hopefully and regrettably eBay will be the answer! Potential to get this as cheap as £700 so long as competition remains light. Its BIN is £850.

I will take £750 cash/paypal for this bass and end the auction early if the buyer can pay for it before tomorrow @ noon, otherwise it's in the hands of eBay! Come on people, can't say fairer than that...

Please buy my bass, I need the dollar for something awesome! :brow:

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='787898' date='Mar 27 2010, 02:46 PM']Really deserves to be sold at £750, for the sweet finish as well - the pickguard is just the icing on the cake. I heard a chap playing one the other day in live lounge Cardiff, big presence.[/quote]

They really do cut through. I bought mine after seeing Shannon Birchall playing one in John Butler Trio:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLBNhx0S4LU&feature=related"]Youtube vid.[/url]

Really great tone for lying beneath an acoustic as well as electric guitar. This band are well worth checking out, even though Shannon's not the bassist. He's also a great upright bassist.

Edited by theosd

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='787915' date='Mar 27 2010, 03:10 PM']Ahh John Butler Trio! My old bass teacher was a fan. Ocean is an incredible song, their CDs are uber expensive though :)[/quote]

Worth any price they're asking for if you ask me - proper musicians doing it themselves on their own label. Love it. "Grand National" is a triumph!!