Why become a member? ×

My Setup is Complete!

Bankai

After a while picking up various bits I've now finally got a gigworthy set of kit. It might not be the best in the land, but it'll do for me :)

Shine Extreme Series WEB845
Fender Jazz
Ashdown MAG210T Deep
Ashdown Little Giant 350
Boss ME-50B

I highly recommend that Shine as well. They feel great to play on and give a lovely tone. Quite rare to pick up but if you dig around enough you should be able to find one for sale somewhere.

I'm not a big fan of the Fender, bought it with high expectations but it doesn't wow me. I'm currently considering whether to try and get it to feel 'just right' but having work done to it or whether to sell it on.

Worn frets, a bridge with saddles that don't stay in place for long (due to worn screws) and it's hard to tune / keep in tune (possibly because of the bridge).

All the problems could be fixed easily but tbh I don't feel anything for this bass so I do wonder about selling it on and combining the earnings with some other money and getting another shiny thing.

[quote name='Bankai' post='767156' date='Mar 7 2010, 06:44 PM']Worn frets, a bridge with saddles that don't stay in place for long (due to worn screws) and it's hard to tune / keep in tune (possibly because of the bridge).

All the problems could be fixed easily but tbh I don't feel anything for this bass so I do wonder about selling it on and combining the earnings with some other money and getting another shiny thing.[/quote]

Let me know if you do end up selling, please.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='767234' date='Mar 7 2010, 08:50 PM']Let me know if you do end up selling, please.[/quote]

You back after a 5?

Also nice rig, I had Mex jazz in Midnight wine which I sold, I often think that if it had been in that colour (Blue Agave I think) I would of kept it.

I think thats a pre-upgrade because they didn't offer that colour on the newer models and if so there is one thing to look out for, myself and 3 other people I know who had Standard Jazz basses all had our E string bridge saddle collapse after 12/18 months.
If you can afford it change the stock bridge for a Badass II.

Just my 2p's

Edited by throwoff