Why become a member? ×

Venturing into to world of upright bass....

JakeBrownBass

Hey,

as i begin my journey of this amazing instrument, i wouldnt mind some help on the way. So here are acouple of questions :)

1. Is there any recommendations of a good teacher in or around the surrounding area of huddersfield (west yorkshire).

2. My bass of choice is the Bassix Bassmaster eub bass that was for sale here. Now I want to learn piz & arco, is this bass going to be suitable?

3. If it is suitable, can anyone recommend a cheapish bow to get me started.

and finally,

4. Any good warmup exercises?

Cheers guys :rolleyes:

Jake

These questions are all answered under the DB section of Basschat, Jake. A sa DB newbie myself, I do not feel equipped to answer your queries but these issues are covered in various places there - have a scan through and you will find all sorts of goodies.

Good luck in your efforts.

Could you part-ex your EUB for an acoustic? I would strongly recommend learning to play upright on an acoustic. The EUB is a cool thing but is quite a different instrument to an acoustic bass, especially in terms of developing the technique required to get a good sound out of it.

Nick