Why become a member? ×

Yamaha billy Sheehan ltd sold**********

fluffo

I am toying with the idea of letting my Yamaha ltd II go, There is so much about it I love but at the same time there are niggles that put me off.
If you want an out and out huge rock sound this is the one, but if the next song in your set is an old funky tune from the 70's it aint there with out a lot of adjusting and with such a complex Eq system, I just can't get away from a jazz or something with a music man style pickup at the back.
The bass has a few knocks, chips ect but nothing that effects it's playability or stability
Up for 4 or 5 string trades, i am south east london/kent.
The Eq on these is as follows, knob closest to jacks p pickup volume the next is neck eq cut/boost then neck volume, at the moment i have wired the neck eq pot so it is a eq for the p pickup ,I can easy reverse this, it's only one wire.
You can also run to 2 amps using one jack per pickup, I have a LMK 2 channel amp and have been using it this way aswell.

[attachment=44330:19022010095.jpg][attachment=44329:19022010088.jpg][attachment=44327:19022010089.jp
g][attachment=44328:19022010092.jpg][attachment=44331:19022010093.jpg]

Edited by fluffo

[quote name='Thunder Fingers' post='766955' date='Mar 7 2010, 03:18 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=77726"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=77726[/url]

Possible trade? Probaly not, but hey.. I want to try one of these :)[/quote]
maybe I,m always up for a deal

[quote name='fluffo' post='770651' date='Mar 10 2010, 05:21 PM']£500 is as low as it goes, pound notes[/quote]

your having a laugh!? :rolleyes: :)

These are £1599 new! The mark two is desirable and should be in the region of £750 - £900 considering that the condition of yours is pristine!!

good luck

andy

Edited by andy67

[quote name='andy67' post='773013' date='Mar 12 2010, 06:01 PM']your having a laugh!? :rolleyes: :)

These are £1599 new! The mark two is desirable and should be in the region of £750 - £900 considering that the condition of yours is pristine!!

good luck

andy[/quote]
you know that and I know that!!!, mind you it has a few digs here and there, although I'm now starting to get the right sounds from it so may keep it, and yes i's cheap but it ain't sold yet, love the feel of it just got to get it sounding right.

[quote name='fluffo' post='773068' date='Mar 12 2010, 07:08 PM']you know that and I know that!!!, mind you it has a few digs here and there, although I'm now starting to get the right sounds from it so may keep it, and yes i's cheap but it ain't sold yet, love the feel of it just got to get it sounding right.[/quote]

Hi,
Can you take some better pics of the marks and dings? If not, can describe where they are?

Cheers, Lee

[quote name='fluffo' post='773068' date='Mar 12 2010, 07:08 PM']you know that and I know that!!!, mind you it has a few digs here and there, although I'm now starting to get the right sounds from it so may keep it, and yes i's cheap but it ain't sold yet, love the feel of it just got to get it sounding right.[/quote]

I honestly hope you do!

it's just not worth the loss.

andy

is it still wired tone to the Middle pickup?

also is it all original wiring?

if so about £600 would be good price i mean either way £500 is stunning

its just that era of the LTDII were about £1200 or so new and all have lead wiring (all the ones with coloured neck pickup cover! btw if your every gonna sell the pickup cover look my way!)

Also may i vouch, really nice guy to deal with her guys so don't even consider that holding you back!

[quote name='fluffo' post='773616' date='Mar 13 2010, 02:26 PM']I have the tone wired to the p pickup but will put it back to original when it sells but it is a lot better this way[/quote]

Hi,

Any chance of some better pics, with description of any dings/marks please?

Cheers, Lee

[quote name='fluffo' post='773616' date='Mar 13 2010, 02:26 PM']I have the tone wired to the p pickup but will put it back to original when it sells but it is a lot better this way[/quote]
A quick recap, several people have pm'd me saying that £500 is way to cheap ,it owes me £600 not 3 weeks ago so this is what I want for it, trades for ksd jazz or stingray, subs or sterling will be seriously considered.
Many thanks to andy67 for his info earlier.