Why become a member? ×

Calling all Neil Murray fans!!!

zephead

Help! - Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City by Whitesnake has been added to my band's set list. I want to do it justice but there is no tab for it anywhere! I've tried listening closely to the recording but i just can't work out what he's doing. I can muster a Janet and John version but it sucks compared to what it should sound like. I am under time constraints so any help would be appreciated. Ta!

[quote name='zephead' post='762169' date='Mar 2 2010, 08:06 PM']Help! - Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City by Whitesnake has been added to my band's set list. I want to do it justice but there is no tab for it anywhere! I've tried listening closely to the recording but i just can't work out what he's doing. I can muster a Janet and John version but it sucks compared to what it should sound like. I am under time constraints so any help would be appreciated. Ta![/quote]

Which version - Studio (Snakebite EP) or Live?

Edit! Found this... the Snakebite studio cut (OVNO):

Neil Murray's bass is quite clear on this, have fun with it! Can't help with a tab, I just mash it up tbh

Pete

Edited by Bloodaxe

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='762345' date='Mar 2 2010, 10:36 PM']Which version - Studio (Snakebite EP) or Live?

Edit! Found this... the Snakebite studio cut (OVNO):

Neil Murray's bass is quite clear on this, have fun with it! Can't help with a tab, I just mash it up tbh

Pete[/quote]

Thanks dude! I would probably go for the studio version. The fact no one has already tabbed this out suggests it might be a bitch! I can't find Fool For Your Loving either!

Edited by zephead

[quote name='zephead' post='762559' date='Mar 3 2010, 08:32 AM']....The fact no one has already tabbed this out suggests it might be a bitch!....[/quote]
Not at all!!

Chorus: A/// | A/// | D/// | A/// |
A/// | A/// | F/ D/ | A/// | A/// ||

Verse: A/ C/ | D /// | G/// | A/// |
A/ C/ | D/// | G/// | F/ CB ||

Play your own licks.

I can't help either -- but I recently had to work out Fool For Your Lovin' and I'm facing Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues in the next few days.

I recommend you get a Tascam trainer or similar and slow the tracks down until you can hear what's going on.

Fool For Your Lovin' is the same basic riff, with a million little fills between. Once you've got the riff, it's just a question of decoding the fills -- or making up your own :)

Good luck.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='chris_b' post='762590' date='Mar 3 2010, 09:07 AM']Not at all!!

Chorus: A/// | A/// | D/// | A/// |
A/// | A/// | F/ D/ | A/// | A/// ||

Verse: A/ C/ | D /// | G/// | A/// |
A/ C/ | D/// | G/// | F/ CB ||

Play your own licks.[/quote]

The chord structure is easy enough, it's all those fills he puts in!!! argh! I seem to be having a mental block with this song as normally i can work things out ok. I will perservere!

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='763148' date='Mar 3 2010, 05:16 PM'][url="http://www.911tabs.com/tabs/w/whitesnake/fool_for_your_loving_tab.htm"]You can't have looked here then[/url] :)[/quote]

But I have! and can't open the bloomin' file - argh!!!

Heres a bit of it from when the bass comes in

|-----------------------|------------------|------------------|
|-----------------------|------------------|------------------|
|-----------------------|--5-6-7-5-------|------------------|
|--2/7--5-7-5-6-7-|---------------7-5-|--7-5-7-5-6-7-|

sorry about the poor tab (anyone know a good tab-maker?) but hopefully that'll get ya started, its mainly just a feel thing and keep it tight.
Good luck.

BTW its tuned down a half step

Edited by Musicman69

We've been playing Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City for a while now... I figured it out by ear although aside from certain key bits I do improvise alot as theres lots of room for the bass to wander... Great song though with a great feel and always a pleasure to play in amongst all our usual heads down, root note plodding rock!!

peace

c

[quote name='Johnston' post='763663' date='Mar 4 2010, 09:08 AM'][attachment=44053:aint_no_...the_city.pdf]

[attachment=44054:Whitesna...r_Loving.pdf]

I found them two and exported to PDF if they help any .[/quote]
Thanks, Johnston. That second one would have saved me a bit of work a few days ago :)

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Johnston' post='763663' date='Mar 4 2010, 09:08 AM'][attachment=44053:aint_no_...the_city.pdf]

[attachment=44054:Whitesna...r_Loving.pdf]

I found them two and exported to PDF if they help any .[/quote]

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! you have just saved me hours of mental torture!!! Next task - Forever Man by Eric Clapton - Nathan East - I hate you!!! argh!!!!

[quote name='Johnston' post='766391' date='Mar 6 2010, 07:37 PM'][attachment=44290:forever_man.pdf]

Get a copy of guitar pro 5 if you do torrents its on btjunkie or limewire including bucket loads of stuff. Anything else is just a case of searching on ulitimate guitar or such for the tab file.[/quote]

I could kiss you!!! mmmmwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)