Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING - Aguilar DB212 x 2 (8 ohms a piece) - Chocolate Thunder, removable casters with official Aguilar padded cover

Musicman20

SOLD PENDING

This is a feeler, but with a proper price tag.

I am considering selling my Aguilar DB212s. I have two, and they are both 8 ohms, thus making a massive doom 4x12 rig but have the option of using one cab for smaller gigs and being modular.

Can I also add, those worrying about 8 ohm 2x12s on their own have nothing to fear. I have played in very loud and chaotic hardcore punk bands, covers bands, and a new band where there are three guitarists/drummer/3 vocals, etc etc. An 8 ohm mid sized cabinet like this never runs out of steam. I never worry about overpowering it. My Little Mark 3 doesnt go above 1/2 volume with a Precision...and thats with one cab and 300W with it running at 8ohms. Some amps may not be amazing at 8 ohms...but all of mine, including past amps, have been fantastic. I like the fact I could truly have a proper 4x12 or 2x12 when needed.

They are a really pretty Chocolate Thunder, with gold piping and black corners. Take a look on the Aguilar site here:

[url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/gfx/products_details_db212_ct.jpg"]http://www.aguilaramp.com/gfx/products_details_db212_ct.jpg[/url]

I am very attached to these cabinets, but I have just moved into a new apartment, and I am not going to be using them for the new bands I have joined due to transport.

Out of all the cabinets I have owned, these are at the top of my list for sheer 'wow' factor. Awesome chewy mids and a really full and powerful low end, (you can really feel it even with one cab). Not only that, they are very articulate and my favourite tweeter so far, (even better than a Berg tweeter!). The clarity is great, but not hissy.

You can play what the hell you like with these cabinets....they just 'work'.

They come with removable casters that were supplied with the cabinet as normal. They also come with the proper Aguilar padded covers.

Condition: 10/10 for all of it...the covers, the cabs, the corners, the wheels. Everything. Perfecto!

Reason?! Partly transport. I dont want them to go to waste :) This is feeler though. I may come to my senses and just deal with the transport another way.

They retail for approx. £679.00 + for each cabinet and £89 for each cover and thats with the lowest prices on the internet. Thats £1536.

I would be looking for £575 each including the covers...or £1100 for both including the covers.

Dont be put off by the weight...they weigh a lot less than an Ampeg 4x10! I assume if you want a 2x12 or 4x12 you arent that bothered about weight anyway. The casters make weight a non-issue IMO.

Specs:

DB 212

Based on the same sonic footprint as the DB 112, the DB 212 is a great mid sized cabinet for medium to large venues. The full sound of the 12" speakers is complimented by a birch cabinet that is tuned to have a punchy midrange.

Specs

Speaker Compliment: Two 12" cast frame woofers, 56 oz. magnets, phenolic tweeter with phase plug

Power Handling: 600 watts RMS

Frequency Response: 41 Hz to 16 kHz

Sensitivity: 98 dB 1W 1M

Dimensions: 24 3/4" H, 24 1/2" W, 17 3/8" D

Weight: 70 lbs.

[attachment=45587:DSC00269.JPG]

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='761435' date='Mar 2 2010, 02:30 AM']This is a feeler, but with a proper price tag.

I am considering selling my Aguilar DB212s. I have two, and they are both 8 ohms, thus making a massive doom 4x12 rig but have the option of using one cab for smaller gigs and being modular.

Can I also add, those worrying about 8 ohm 2x12s on their own have nothing to fear. I have played in very loud and chaotic hardcore punk bands, covers bands, and a new band where there are three guitarists/drummer/3 vocals, etc etc. An 8 ohm mid sized cabinet like this never runs out of steam. I never worry about overpowering it. My Little Mark 3 doesnt go above 1/2 volume with a Precision...and thats with one cab and 300W with it running at 8ohms. Some amps may not be amazing at 8 ohms...but all of mine, including past amps, have been fantastic. I like the fact I could truly have a proper 4x12 or 2x12 when needed.

They are a really pretty Chocolate Thunder, with gold piping and black corners. Take a look on the Aguilar site here:

[url="http://www.aguilaramp.com/gfx/products_details_db212_ct.jpg"]http://www.aguilaramp.com/gfx/products_details_db212_ct.jpg[/url]

I am very attached to these cabinets, but I have just moved into a new apartment, and I am not going to be using them for the new bands I have joined due to transport.

Out of all the cabinets I have owned, these are at the top of my list for sheer 'wow' factor. Awesome chewy mids and a really full and powerful low end, (you can really feel it even with one cab). Not only that, they are very articulate and my favourite tweeter so far, (even better than a Berg tweeter!). The clarity is great, but not hissy.

You can play what the hell you like with these cabinets....they just 'work'.

They come with removable casters that were supplied with the cabinet as normal. They also come with the proper Aguilar padded covers.

Condition: 10/10 for all of it...the covers, the cabs, the corners, the wheels. Everything. Perfecto!

Reason?! Partly transport. I dont want them to go to waste :) This is feeler though. I may come to my senses and just deal with the transport another way.

They retail for approx. £679.00 + for each cabinet and £89 for each cover and thats with the lowest prices on the internet. Thats £1536.

I would be looking for £575 each including the covers...or £1100 for both including the covers.

Dont be put off by the weight...they weigh a lot less than an Ampeg 4x10! I assume if you want a 2x12 or 4x12 you arent that bothered about weight anyway. The casters make weight a non-issue IMO.

Specs:

DB 212

Based on the same sonic footprint as the DB 112, the DB 212 is a great mid sized cabinet for medium to large venues. The full sound of the 12" speakers is complimented by a birch cabinet that is tuned to have a punchy midrange.

Specs

Speaker Compliment: Two 12" cast frame woofers, 56 oz. magnets, phenolic tweeter with phase plug

Power Handling: 600 watts RMS

Frequency Response: 41 Hz to 16 kHz

Sensitivity: 98 dB 1W 1M

Dimensions: 24 3/4" H, 24 1/2" W, 17 3/8" D

Weight: 70 lbs.[/quote]
Don't Sell !!!!!!! you will regreat it
I have a pair of gs 2x12 at 4 ohms so get the full power from my ashdown abm 900 never had the amp past 1 /3rd great cabs

[quote name='theozzy' post='761731' date='Mar 2 2010, 12:43 PM']Nice! I have a DB410 in chocolate - they are stunning. I want either a DB115 and or one of these DB212 to go with it in the future. Anyone one got any opinions on the DB212 compared to the DB115?[/quote]

I havent compared the two...but I did do a lot of research and the 12s really 'spoke' to me once I heard them. They are like 'fat' tens...the same punch and clarity, but with that really fat low end. :)

[quote name='MythSte' post='762464' date='Mar 3 2010, 01:01 AM']These chocolate DB's need to stop coming up. Im having a hard time over here!

Do you plan to replace them with anything or are you just thinning the heard?[/quote]

If im honest....I would feel rather 'empty' without them. How daft does that sound? These are currently my No 1 when it comes to the sound I really like, hence I put them as a feeler. I was thinking of downsizing to GS112s or DB112s but im not entirely sure if thats the right move yet. I dont want to have a collection without Aguilar cabinets.

• 3 weeks later...

Had some great offers on these...but not quite there just yet. If you are interested PM me asap as there are a few PMs with offers stilll coming in.

I am tempted to withdraw as the more I look at them the more I want to keep them.

I will get some pictures up asap.

I love all of them except the Tweed...Not that I don't like them, I just think it looks better on a hardcase than it does a cab :)

Choc Thunder/White Hot are the best, closely followed by Classic Black/Monster Green!

[quote name='Higgie' post='801803' date='Apr 10 2010, 02:06 PM']I love all of them except the Tweed...Not that I don't like them, I just think it looks better on a hardcase than it does a cab :)

Choc Thunder/White Hot are the best, closely followed by Classic Black/Monster Green![/quote]
Hey Higgie! Are these sold or what? I'll make a definite offer If they are still for sale.

[quote name='BassBomb' post='806213' date='Apr 14 2010, 04:32 PM']Hey Higgie! Are these sold or what? I'll make a definite offer If they are still for sale.[/quote]

Hi dude

Higgie just bought these off me, so Im guessing he is loving them right this second and destroying his walls with the sheer bass!

I think he may have one DB112 for sale though.

[quote name='Patrickhadow' post='806400' date='Apr 14 2010, 07:19 PM']Me thinks he still has his DB112 NT[/quote]

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I was thinking of keeping it as now I don't need to sell it, but if you'd like to make me an offer privately, PM me :)

PS. Yeah I posted a pic of the new stack in the Rig thread in the Gear Porm forum :rolleyes: They're awesome!!

Edited by Higgie

• 1 year later...