Why become a member? ×

Squier Jazz Classic Vibe - undergoing make over

Grand Wazoo

My nice Olympic White Squier Jazz is undergoing phase one of a make over change.

[size=3][b]From this[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]to this Pickguard.[/b][/size]

It has just been CAD designed and will be cut this weekend as soon as I get it I will fit it on and show you it

Additionally I have sourced some very fine vinyl peel on / peel off stickers in cow print that will stick to the body firmly but have the ability to be peeled off when I am done with that look

The idea is to achieve something similar to this other project of mine (still in the making - presently my photoshopped version)

If that jazz ain't jazzed up i don't know what is! :)

Edited by bass5

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='757865' date='Feb 26 2010, 08:39 AM']you got pink knobs and pickup covers for that then?[/quote]

hehe, I can't find them, I am looking, what I'll have to do is take the pickup covers of and spray them udderly pink

Anyway... I think the way I did it, it's a bit too busy with the blotches and luckily they can just be easily peeled without leaving any glue trace, so I think when I finish work and come ashore I will re-arrange them again.

Edited by bass5

[quote name='bass5' post='759002' date='Feb 27 2010, 12:04 PM']Well I realized that when I finished it looked a bit too busy, so I peeled off the blotches again and reapplied them (this time, less of them and more widely spread so not too busy) I think I am happy with this second version.

[/quote]

That is certainly eye-catching...I know it's too late now but I think a white-blotch-on-black pickguard to match the strap would have been cool!

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='759044' date='Feb 27 2010, 01:00 PM']That is certainly eye-catching...I know it's too late now but I think a white-blotch-on-black pickguard to match the strap would have been cool![/quote]

You need to look at the first post. Moo!

[quote name='redstriper' post='759048' date='Feb 27 2010, 01:04 PM']Where do you get the sticky moo roll ?[/quote]

ebay, want a link?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D-C-FIX-MOO-COW-PATTERN-SELF-ADHESIVE-VINYL-450mmx2roll_W0QQitemZ190319841776QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item2c4ff251f0"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D-C-FIX-MOO-COW-PATT...=item2c4ff251f0[/url]

[quote name='lanark' post='759042' date='Feb 27 2010, 12:58 PM']Okay - dare I ask? Is there a reason for the dairy cow theme, or is it on a whim?[/quote]

I have a moo fetish :)

Nah, I just fancied one for ages and since I bought this white Squier I was never fond of plain white basses so... I thought maybe now is the time to experiment that long time wish to own a cow print bass and since the squier was cheap and easy to mod and most importantly it can be return to original at any stage, then why not.

I do declare I am not a weirdo! I just fancied something a bit dary, that didn't involve butchering a prized instrument.

The pickguard is on the way from Canada, I had to custom order it from these lot: [url="http://www.greasygroove.com/thejbassroom.php"]http://www.greasygroove.com/thejbassroom.php[/url]

I had to send them the design and they made 2 examples and emailed me the pics and then I was able to decide which one to go for.

Edited by bass5