Why become a member? ×

Eden cabs

Chopthebass

Hi,
I’m considering buying a couple of David Eden cabs and was wondering if anyone here has any good/bad comments or recommendations. Looking at the specs on their website I think I will get a 410XST for sure, but I’m not sure which second cab to get. I will be using an Epifani UL902C head (although nowhere near on full power!). An Eden 115 is only 400w and the 212 is the same. Plus the cabs frequency response is confusing me as the 410 seems the best of the bunch. Am I going to get a strong low B with the 410?
I’m happy lugging around one 410, but not two. So the options are 410 and 210 or 410 and 212. If someone has any experience of any of those cabs I’d like to hear them.
Thanks!

I only use eden cabs, if you go on the eden web site there is a great forum and you will get some good advice, just my recommendations are as follows I have a 210xst, very hifi, very deep, like a sub woofer allmost, I take that to a small gig on its own, medium gigs IE 150 people in a decent sized pub I add a 210xst, very middy and clear high end, those 2 together are a killer rig for medium venues. I also have a 410xst for big gigs and I put the 210sxt under it, never have I lacked volume or power.

I use the WT550 head that runs at 750w and all my cabs are 4ohm as the head will go down to 2ohms load, in hindsight I should have gone for 8ohms cabs.

good cabs, the only problem I have found is that if you play a small venue the cabs need more power!! in larger venues they tend to throw the sound out foreward and you need less power?! sounds strange but thats my experience.

try the forum its very good. If you were in uk I would invite you round for a cup of tea and a twang so you could hear them

[quote name='grimbeaver' post='755450' date='Feb 23 2010, 08:36 PM']If you were in uk I would invite you round for a cup of tea and a twang so you could hear them[/quote]

Thanks! If I was still in the UK I'd definitely be round for a demo. I was considering the 410XST & 210XST but after reading the forum they all say that the best combination is an XST with an XLT, as the XLT has a pronounced low mid hump that the XSTs don't have. They are also advising me to get a 410XLT with a 410XST underneath. They all say that the XST range has incredible low end. One good thing here in Canad is the prices. The 410XST is equiv to 585GBP and the 210XST is 410GBP. Another reason why I'm keen to try Eden. But no bugger stocks them, hence why I'm keen to get comments from users.
Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Another common combination is the 210xst and the 212xlt on top.

I'd proberbly go with the 210xst (4ohm) for practice/small gigs. And grab 2 1x12 neos (8ohms each) so you could have either a 2x12 rig, 210 w/ 112 or even all 3. If i were using all 3 however, it'd be bigger stages and i'd run the 2nd 112 on the other side of the drummer, next to my guitarist so our sound stage is a bit more prominent. More for the sakes of my guitarist and drummer than myself or the audience. but i'm nice that way :)

More Eden bass sound for everyone i think :rolleyes:

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='755249' date='Feb 23 2010, 05:40 PM']Looking at the specs on their website I think I will get a 410XST for sure, but I’m not sure which second cab to get.[/quote]

Personally, I'd get a second 410XST to compliment the other one.

Hi Ian, the XST cabs get great reviews for their deep tone but they don't seem to have replaced the XLT range as Eden's best sellers. How about getting the best of both worlds with a 210 XLT for the mid range punch and a 210 XST for the deep bass?