Why become a member? ×

Sansamp Bass driver Deluxe

thumperbob 2002

Hi All

Just bought a sansamp programmable bass driver from another basschatter. I cannot believe how well this sounds- it is the sound I have had in my head for years but strangely never 100% achieved. So simple to use too.

Sounds massive- deep and clear.

My ashdown little giant 1000 ( that I was really sceptical about re- its power ) absolutely kills with massive headroom. I am going straight into the effects return. Hesitate to think what my LM2 sounds like.

Cheeers

Bob

One of those forms the nerve centre of my pedal board. :)

I also use one of Umph's true-bypass looper units as an emergency cut-out switch. Anything bizarre or noisy starts to happen on stage, I can stomp the bypass box and I'm instantly back to Sansamp BDDI --> amp.

[quote name='grimbeaver' post='755435' date='Feb 23 2010, 08:25 PM']why through the effects loop? I run mine in line I have a wireless, tuner, distortion then the sansamp, would you put the lot through the loop? the x5 wireless is a stomp box and sits in my effects box[/quote]

Mainly to bypass the preamp section of the Little giant- that way the Sansamp is a true preamp and A am simply using the amp for power. Simplest way- the Sansamp sounds so good I dont think you would need any further EQ and the signal from this surely is too hot for an amps pre?

Cheers

Bob

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='755776' date='Feb 24 2010, 07:49 AM']... and the signal from this surely is too hot for an amps pre?[/quote]

It sounds fine running the BDDI straight to the input of my Orange Bass Terror. Mind you, that's a very nice valve pre and I wouldn't want to bypass it.

I dug out my Behringer BDI21 (BDDI clone) just before Christmas and i too was amazed at how it improved my tone. I'd only ever used it once before, at a gig where i didnt have a rig but we hired a large PA.
Its not used on all the time but ill either have it on or off for a whole song.
I run Bass - Wireless - BDI - SA450 or LMII using the input.

I dont tend to mess with it once its set up so i dont really want a programmable one but i would like to try the Paradriver at some point.

Edited by dave_bass5