Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Alembic Epic 1996, 5 string fretless

BassBod

The great Bassbod sale is getting serious...

A very playable and affordable Alembic. It may be one of their cheaper models (set neck, no filters, simple thinner finish) but sounds very very nice.

Maple neck (5 pce) with thick ebony board - dot markers on edge for frets 3/5/7/ etc. Body is beautiful mahogany with a wenge front and contrast layer of maple. Two Alembic pickups, with vol/blend/treb/bass- cut or boost. Nicely voiced preamp, very little hiss even on significant treble boost.

[attachment=43293:P1000130.JPG][attachment=43294:P1000131.JPG][attachment=43295:P1000140.JPG]

In very good codition, has been strung with TI flats, so only minimal scratches to fingerboard. One ding in headstock, one scratch to the side of the lower body edge. Comes with truss rod adjusting spanner, and in the Sadowsky light case shown. I might also chuck in the posh Harvest leather strap, if you're nice.

Its not a light bass, but I've found it ok. Its about the same as 4 string Warick Thumb bass, but better balanced! String spacing is slightly tighter than "fender" but I've never had to think about it...it feels right to me. I'll look it up or measure if anyone's concerned.

Price is £850 collected from Bristol/Bath area...PM questions as always

Edit - current list price is $6300 - that's scary...

Edited by BassBod

[quote name='walbassist' post='754688' date='Feb 23 2010, 08:49 AM']Will you actually have any kit left after this massive clearout?!!!

Great basses btw...[/quote]

Well, I got off to a good start...and yes there is more to go!

The Bravewood jazz isn't going anywhere. :)

[quote name='lozbass' post='754714' date='Feb 23 2010, 09:15 AM']Excellent price - somebody should snap this up. Even the less expensive Alembics exhibit stunning build quality (and sound a bit impressive too!)[/quote]
+1

My thoughts exactly.. It's times like this that make me wish I could play fretless! Good luck with it btw; this has got to be one of the best deals on Basschat at the moment.

Thanks for all the comments....but you're making me feel I've under-valued it! I should mention that I can only let it go for a low price because I bought it here for pretty much the same. I'm just passing on some goodwill...(sad old hippy comments will follow, no doubt)