Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD

captain black

[attachment=43064:IMGP1797.JPG][attachment=43063:IMGP1796.JPG][attachment=43062:IMGP1795.JPG][attach
ment=43061:IMGP1794.JPG][attachment=43059:IMGP1792.JPG][attachment=43060:IMGP1793.JPG]

As much as I have always wanted a Stingray, it doesn't sit too well in my set up at the minute.
I've discovered the hard way that I'm a paid up member of the Precision fan club.
So, to fund a purchase of the above I'm looking to sell this.
I looked when I bought it and I think it is circa 2005.

As you can see it's in natural with an unfinished maple neck (have the gun oil, Murphy's oil soap etc. to care for it).
Its a great bass to play, sounds fantastic and the piezo bridge adds another dimension altogether.
Strung with Chrome flats at the minute but there is also a new set of extra slinky's there if you prefer. Both will be included. Also included is a Black pickguard.
As the title says, it is in 'as new' condition with absolutely no dings or scratches whatsoever.
Thanks for looking.

Edited by captain black

Whoever scores this one will be getting an amazing bass. I bought my piezo Stingray from cd_david & it's immense, almost like having two basses in one. You solo the piezo bridge and you've got double bass tones. Blend the two and it's almost like a more subtle eight string with a bluegrass-esque twang. And you have the standard MM humbucker sound, too. Win-Win! :)

Well, I haven't really recorded anything and my PC's just recovered from a Bloody Malware invasion and I've lost a lot of programs thanks to reinstalling windows. But I could reinstall Sonar and give it a go. Don't hold your breath though.
Wonder if anyone else who owns one has any clips?

Will see what I can do.
Joe

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='753097' date='Feb 21 2010, 06:41 PM']Do you happen to have any sound clips of the bass? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to know how the piezo sounds. Really interested to hear the comparison of piezo soloed, humbucker soloed, and the two blended.

Have a free bump![/quote]

[quote name='captain black' post='753130' date='Feb 21 2010, 07:25 PM']Wonder if anyone else who owns one has any clips?[/quote]

It's a Sterling rather than a Stingray, but this gives an idea of what the piezo sounds like and how it blends with the magnetic pickup.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rNKuYuex1I&feature=PlayList&p=D687F9EE7BC81D06&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=26"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rNKuYuex1I...PL&index=26[/url]

[attachment=43259:Stingray.wav][attachment=43260:50_50mix.wav][attachment=43261:piezo.wav]

Thanks Luke.
These were recorded just now, very quickly and sloppily. they were staight into my PC with the eq on the bass pretty much
flat. You can get a real variety of usable toes when you do tweak the eq though.
Sorry they aren't better.