Why become a member? ×

SOLD! - JAZZ BASS : Pat Wilkins : Hand-Built USA Fender Killer

xilddx

Full details and numerous pics of this mint condition, beautiful hand made American built Jazz Bass are here ..

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70400&hl=wilkins"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=wilkins[/url]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72485&hl=wilkins"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=wilkins[/url]

Comes with a Warwick Rockcase hard case and Schaller strap locks which Pat Wilkins supplied with it. Bottle of Pat's polish formula included.

I got this from Bobpalt about three or so months ago. But I've fallen back in love with my Corvette $$ and I can't keep both, for financial reasons.

£800 - collected from West London. I don't want to post this.

Cheers.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='spacecowboy' post='748678' date='Feb 17 2010, 05:05 PM']A-M-A-ZING looking bass! seriously hot.[/quote]
Thanks man!

Believe me, it plays and sounds as good as it looks. But I gigged the 'vette $$ last night and realised it's just perfect for me and forgotten how much I had taken it for granted. So my Wilkins has to go.

[quote name='Tinman' post='748698' date='Feb 17 2010, 05:24 PM']Oh wow.
Thank everything good that you're so far away or I'd be all over it like a fat lass on chips (northern colloquial)

Now Nige you naughty man, stop showing me the shiny things. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'll throw in a decent bag of chips if you're interested :)

Have an early bump.

Quick someone, you have got to buy this quality instrument. Otherwise Nigel might change his mind and put one of those Warwicks back up for sale and I'll get all sweaty and start thinking about parting with cash I simply haven't got. :)

Good luck mate it's got to sell, it looks the business.

Cheers
Rich

[quote name='Marvin' post='750063' date='Feb 18 2010, 06:34 PM']Have an early bump.

Quick someone, you have got to buy this quality instrument. Otherwise Nigel might change his mind and put one of those Warwicks back up for sale and I'll get all sweaty and start thinking about parting with cash I simply haven't got. :)

Good luck mate it's got to sell, it looks the business.

Cheers
Rich[/quote]
Marvin, thank you mate!

I think it will take a while because people aren't familiar with the name so it's a bit of an unknown quantity. Thing is, it feels like a Fender but so much better than any Fender I've ever played. It's smoother, more organic, a remarkably well thought out instrument. The sounds are Fender-like but more sophisticated and subtle, the mid sweep is really something. Pat's done wonderful fretwork on what is the nicest Fender type neck I've ever played. Pat himself is a really nice guy too, really helpful.

[quote name='silddx' post='750078' date='Feb 18 2010, 06:51 PM']Marvin, thank you mate!

I think it will take a while because people aren't familiar with the name so it's a bit of an unknown quantity. Thing is, it feels like a Fender but so much better than any Fender I've ever played. It's smoother, more organic, a remarkably well thought out instrument. The sounds are Fender-like but more sophisticated and subtle, the mid sweep is really something. Pat's done wonderful fretwork on what is the nicest Fender type neck I've ever played. Pat himself is a really nice guy too, really helpful.[/quote]

[quote name='Musicman20' post='750120' date='Feb 18 2010, 07:46 PM']The more I look the more I want....dammit![/quote]

How could you resist with a pitch like that?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='750120' date='Feb 18 2010, 07:46 PM']The more I look the more I want....dammit![/quote]
Well, I would think very carefully about that, G.

You like the heritage and prestige of "Fender" and I think to have that name on your 'stock is very important to you, there is an intangible pride and psychology to that.

BUT, and it's a big [size=7][b]BUT[/b][/size], I want this bass to go to someone who really appreciates it, and who has not made a rash decision based on how it looks. And I'm not in a rush. You can't imagine how much I want to keep it, but the 'vette wasn't generating any interest and I fell in love with it again anyway.

Seriously, think very carefully, man.

Cheers,
Nigel

• 3 weeks later...