Why become a member? ×

Hello

HollyDTVGE

I am a young woman from Manchester.

I play in a math-pop band called Deaf To Van Gogh's Ear and work as a classroom assistant for a special needs school in the art and music department.

I have a fender precision bass and my pedal board set-up is a boss tuner to boss distortion to 4ms phaser phleur to ehx metaphors.

I have recently bought some nice blue demon lava cables.

My amp set-up used to be a Marshall 4x10 and some wierd 80's head but i'm currently in the hopeful midst of changing that and getting something I am excited about.

I also play trumpet, keyboard (korg micro-synth), am learning the trombone and ofcourse some guitar.

I found that not a lot of equipment geeks I know, know much about bass stuff, it tends to side toward guitar knowledge so I joined this forum for more help in such matters and can I say, so far I have found this a very pleasant and helpful forum.

Math pop and math rock has been around for quite a while now, so those of you feeling old aren't prey to not knowing some 'new' thing :)

HollyDTVGE - have you heard of a math-rock band called V For Vendetta...? Might be your cup of tea.

Edited by Jerry_B

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='747319' date='Feb 16 2010, 03:14 PM']Math pop and math rock has been around for quite a while now, so those of you feeling old aren't prey to not knowing some 'new' thing :lol:

HollyDTVGE - have you heard of a math-rock band called [b]V For Vendetta[/b]...? Might be your cup of tea.[/quote]
That's a film! :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='747479' date='Feb 16 2010, 05:17 PM']Nah - first it was a serialised comic in 'Warrior'. Then it was a colourised graphic novel. [i]Then[/i] it was one of the worst films ever made :rolleyes:

I'll get me anorak...[/quote]

I quite enjoyed the film, but I've got notoriously bad taste :)