Why become a member? ×

Westfield - Don't Hit Me!

merello

My school music teacher has been cracking up quite rightly as her boss in the offices has recently bought and sent to her:
[list]
[*]2 crap westfiel strats
[*]4 crap westfield teles
[*]Crap drum kit with 5 tuning pegs that don't tune.
[*]And today......
[/list]
She shouts me down - 'Come and see what they've sent now!' 2 purple metallic Wesfield P-basses!
Tried untunable guitars and agreed that at about £100 a crack, it would have been better buying 2 or 3 Sqiuers or Epiphones.

Grabbed the bass, ran my hands along the underside and felt the frets sticking out a bit like mini-razors. Grabbed the maple neck....hhmh....strangely nice. Bridge - sturdy enough. Action and set up - good. Twanged it acoustically - 'this feels good!'

Plugged it in and it was magic!

Honest.

Really nice and better than most I've played recently!

Utterly shocked and forgot to try the other bass to see if it was a one-off.

Don't hit me - I'm in shock! :)

No worries :-)

Someone let me try a Westfield P-bass once, because of its colour (yellow) they got it half price, i.e. £60. I thought it was brilliant to play, and they eventually ended up giving it to me.

It needed a fret dress, new pickups, the bridge repositioned, and the nut height reduced, but I was able to do this myself, so very little actual cost.

The result is amazing - seriously, everywhere I go, people assume it is an expensive bass because it plays and sounds so well.

Guess they must be on to something?

Jennifer

My mate's first guitar was a westfield strat, all it needed was a setup and it was beautiful. I actually ended up lifting the action because he was complaining it was too low compared to what he was used to.

The sound wasn't there, but a couple of new pickups and it would've been a nice all round guitar.

Though I've seen some terrors. I think that there's just a few corkers that get through.

My first bass was a Westfield Pbass, i didn't like the pick ups or tuners but in general a really good bass and like comments above, giggable!

They may be cheap imports but i think if they spent a little more money on the build: better bridge, pick ups, tuners, they could have a really good bass.... perhaps almost as good as a Squier or Epi's.

One benefit was that I thought they were really light too. I still have it today, don't think i'd part with it no matter how good other basses are :)

well that "wood and wire" sounds and feels alot better and cheaper than some other expensive "wood and wire"

Just my general opinion on the ol' "wood and wire"

then again, where would we be without the "wood and wire"? most of us wouldn't know what to do lol =]

edit: Salesman job please ;] haha

Edited by bigsmokebass