Why become a member? ×

MXR Octave vs MXR Octave deluxe

Killstarz

[quote name='Killstarz' post='742143' date='Feb 11 2010, 02:58 PM']as the title says. What is the difference between the bass octave and the bass octave deluxe?[/quote]

i don't know (useless answer!!) - but if you decide to go with the older version, i have a mint condition boxed mxr bass octave on about page 3 of the effects for sale threads!! :)

I think the deluxe is a totally different circuit rather than just a standard one with extra bells and whistles. It has 2 different octave sounds that you can blend together, a clean one similar to the EBS Octabass and a synthier growlier one similar to the Boss OC-2. It also has a mid boost switch to make it easier to hear the effect in a dense mix. I'm not 100% but I expect the tracking is probably also be better on the deluxe. If you want a cheap basic octaver then the standard one will do you, but personally I'd go for the deluxe (or the Aguilar Octamizer).

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='742789' date='Feb 12 2010, 07:58 AM']I think the deluxe is a totally different circuit rather than just a standard one with extra bells and whistles. It has 2 different octave sounds that you can blend together, a clean one similar to the EBS Octabass and a synthier growlier one similar to the Boss OC-2. It also has a mid boost switch to make it easier to hear the effect in a dense mix. I'm not 100% but I expect the tracking is probably also be better on the deluxe. If you want a cheap basic octaver then the standard one will do you, but personally I'd go for the deluxe (or the Aguilar Octamizer).[/quote]

thanks matey, that clears things up :)

[quote name='BTGAndy' post='742842' date='Feb 12 2010, 09:50 AM']The tracking is ace on the deluxe octave pedal, best octaver I've ever used, tracks well down to a low B![/quote]
Blimey. :)

At high enough volume that must be bordering on bowel-churning territory, surely?

(Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with a good old dodgy yet charming OC-2 thankyouverymuch)