Why become a member? ×

Ashdown LG1000:lightweight head *** SOLD ***

silverfoxnik

[b]*** Thanks for all the interest - this is now SOLD! ***[/b]

Hi Folks,

I bought this head from James (Moos3h) last December, thinking it'd make a great lightweight back-up amp for gigs, especially as it's designed in such a way that it has two output stages each capable of delivering 500w into 4 ohms..meaning you can use two 4 ohm cabs with it (which I have done and it's great!).

However, our gigging schedule is being significantly reduced this year now for a number of reasons, so I don't really need this on top of my Eden rig and an old Peavey head!

So I thought I'd offer it up for sale here to see if anyone's interested?

It's only a few months old, comes with warranty, original packaging, rack ears and a neat little gig bag that'll carry it and the cables very easily. I paid £170 for it including the gig bag, so I'd be happy to let it go for [b]£185[/b] + p&p, but that's [b]including two speakon cables[/b] (one is an OBBM cable) which you will need for it as it doesn't have jack sockets.

I think that's a fair price for the amp and all the extras, especially as the cheapest new price for just the head is about [b]£249[/b] at online shops like Soundslive/Electromusic etc.

Soundwise, it's effectively a Trace Elliott head, with a decent graphic, typical Trace pre-set e.q switch, a deep switch that is very useable indeed and 1000 watts to play with.. However, to enjoy all that power, you'll need to be able to drive the input stage quite hard and that is one of the things that didn't work so well for me, as my main gigging bass (a Roscoe Beck 5) has a very low pickup output.. But overall, the sound is very good and of course, it's a very compact piece of kit!

Here's some pics:
[attachment=42154:Jan_Feb_2010_206.jpg] [attachment=42155:Jan_Feb_2010_205.jpg]
[attachment=42156:Jan_Feb_2010_081.jpg] [attachment=42157:Jan_Feb_2010_079.jpg]
[attachment=42158:Jan_Feb_2010_082.jpg]

Am happy to post it (with p&p and insurance at your expense), plus I am happy for people to come and try it out first which is obviously better to do if possible.

I know there's lots of great gear for sale on here at the moment and money is tigher than tight, so I'll give this a week or so here before considering Evil Bay.
In the meantime, fire away with any questions here or just PM me.

Thanks for looking...

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='740644' date='Feb 10 2010, 09:08 AM']Also it does have jack outputs. See that hole in the middle of the speakon socket? That's it!

Took me ages to find on my Superfly![/quote]
Thanks for that info! You really do learn something every day...especially here on BC..

And cheers for the positive comments chaps!

[quote name='Dubs' post='741937' date='Feb 11 2010, 12:19 PM']I was eyeing this up yesterday and would have probably gone for it as a backup if I didn't crash the car into a bollard last night! :)

Looks like a great little D-Class amp for not a lot of cash...[/quote]
Sorry to hear that!! Hope the damage isn't too bad...